cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Planned values for shop orders at operations

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi everyone,

we've been looking for a way to store planned values and other data configured for a shop order at a certain operation within the router, such as a scheduled/planned termination date for the order at that operation. Ideally, those values should be displayable within the SFC list in the POD. This is a common request, because if such a planned date is available at the operation, workers are likely to pick the SFC with the highest priority / earliest date from the queue. Also, this kind of data is usually configured in the ERP system and it would seem very reasonable to make it available in ME.

So far we see the following ways to store this kind data, but it looks like each of them has their own disadvantages:

•     Use a custom router for each shop order and store the values as custom data fields of the operation.
  •     Use Parametric Data
  •     Use custom data fields of the production order - but to make this a roughly "general" approach fields would have to be something like
        SCHEDULED_DATE_OP_1
        SCHEDULED_DATE_OP_2
        SCHEDULED_DATE_OP_3
        SCHEDULED_DATE_OP_N

Of course this will work only if the position of the resource/operation is the same in all routings.

Then you'd have to define several PODs with distinct SFC list configurations, which is quite ugly.

Isn't there a better way to do this? Are there any plans for future versions?

Thanks,

Roland

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

sergiy_katerinich
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Roland,

In fact, the Task List in POD shows Date Queued field which values can be expected to correlate with the date of Shop Order release. So, the operator can look for the oldest dates in the Task Lists to pick up SFCs.

Moreover, I see PLANNED_COMPLETE_DATE field available there.

Maybe you can use them?

Regards,
Sergiy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Sergiy,

thanks for the reply.

We already use these fields, but it's not what our customer wants, because these fields apply to the whole shop order and not to individual operations for the shop order. The plan for the shop order is detailed in the ERP system, which includes priorities and planned dates for each operation, and we are looking for a way to get that information into the ME system and display it in the task list.

We saw that in Version 6.1 there are new fields available for the task list:

OPER_SCHEDULE_START_DATE

OPER_SCHEDULE_END_DATE

RESOURCE_SCHEDULE

The names sound like they could help us. Can you tell us what these fields are intended for and how the values can be set?

Regards,

Roland

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Roland,

isn't way one with shop order specific routing the only way to prevent conflicts?

ECC does this when released. All routing information goes to specific order.

regards,

Karsten

sergiy_katerinich
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Roland,

I guess that OPER_SCHEDULE_START_DATE and OPER_SCHEDULE_END_DATE are what you need. It is related to integration with Shop Floor Dispatcher of ERP, however, this feature is still being developed within ME 6.2 at the moment.

As I see from 6.1, these fields are populated via createShopOrder of mepapi:com:sap:me:demand. There is a tag shopOrderScheduleList where you put router step, planned qty, start and end dates etc.

Regards,

Sergiy