Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inspection type 10

former_member620323
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I copy the new inspection type z10 from insp. type 10 & Assign this inspection types (10 & z10) to FG material. Assign Origin 10 to Delivery type.

But when I do delivery at that time system creates inspection lot of inspection type 10 only.

System wouldn't show me selection of inspection type while saving delivery.

Please suggest....

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

First, why do you want to have both 10 & Z10 Inspection types to single material, as both inspection types are having same functionality??

While assigning Inspection type to Inspection lot origin, you can give the inputs accordingly for the field Variant, so that system will always pick the inspection type with lowest priority. If you can't fix that in configuration, you have the option of selecting Preferred Inspection Type in Material master.

There is no functionality of choosing the Inspection type while doing the actual transaction.

former_member620323
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi KD,

we have scenario like this-

first we send the sample to customer for checking i.e. pss with Certificate (Inspection lot created while saving 1st line item delivery).

After aproval of customer then required qty. send to customer i.e. css (Inspection lot created while saving 2nd line item delivery).

Both inspection type is same & no. ranges as well. We are not identifyeing which is PSS and which is CSS. For this condition i created 2 Inspection type of origin 10.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Its not possible to give pop up for inspection type selection for the creation of inspection lot during the creation of delivery.

You can differentiate delivery item categories for sample & actual, assign appropriate inspection type to that delivery category. Then try the process, so that as per my guess, system will pick right inspection type.

Delivery should contain those delivery categories as per the required line item.

former_member620323
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Thanks KD this helps me.

former_member42743
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

It would be possible however to create and assign two different inspection plans.  The you'd have to use QA01 to select the proper plan, either the sample plan or the customer plan.  This might only help if you have different inspection requirements or specs for the two.

FF

Answers (0)