Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MRP based detailed scheduling: Low level code

winnie_wei
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hello Colleagues,

I would like to check with you in MRP based detailed scheduling scenario, because no PDS is needed at APO side, then seems it is not possible to determine the low level code in APO. Will then the multilevel planning or scheduling be possible or not? What is a typical business scenario for MRP based DS?

Thanks and best regards,

Winnie

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member189901
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hii Winnie,

Check this document,

http://scn.sap.com/docs/DOC-36250

Its well explained about MRP based detail scheduling. Definitely will Help you. I have  also tried this. Let me know if you still find any issue ?

Regards

Debashis

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Winnie,

No LLC is required with MRP-based DS.  MRP-DS doesn't support planning.  In scheduling, orders are linked by dynamic pegging. 

The typical scenario is that MRP-based planning of materials is completed in ECC which creates planned orders or purchase reqs.  Planned orders, unreleased Process orders or Production orders are transferred to APO for scheduling with heuristics or the PP/DS optimizer.  You should also transfer Independent requirements, sales orders, purchase requirements and orders to get the constraints for multi-level scheduling.

Best Regards,

Mike Kirkwood

winnie_wei
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hello Mike,

Thanks for your reply!

You said MRP-DS doesn't support planning, then I want to check with you, whether the service heuristic single level, or multilevel bottom-up, top-down heuristc can be run in MRP based DS scenario.

Best regards,

Winnie

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Winnie,

In general, the service heuristics can be used.  As long as you are not creating orders that require a source-of-supply, you should be good to go.  Bottom-up and top-down scheduling heuristics can be run.  I haven't tested all of these myself but any heuristic (and the optimizer without creating orders) for scheduling should work well.

Best Regards,

Mike

andy_yeri
Contributor
0 Kudos

How could an Order in APO not use a Source of Supply? has to, rt?

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi Andy,

The source-of-supply is used to create the order.  Once created, it is no longer necessary unless you want to re-explode the order.  With MRP-based DS, the orders are created in ECC and synchronized with APO where the scheduling is done.

Best Regards,

Mike