cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Installing ST-A/PI Add-On after it was deleted during SUM upgrade.

former_member1012268
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello World,

we are performing an upgrade from ECC6.0 to EhP6.0 + HR AddOn.

MOPZ configured the XML-Stack file for the most part correctly.

But for some bizarre reason it insisted it couldn't find any upgrade info for ST-A/PI.

Now I have to say that it wasn't me who enter the system in the SolMan MOPZ, so I can't vouch for a complete XML file.

I tried to find any ST-A/PI packages on the MOPZ list, but failed.

Trying to include ST-A/PI as as downloaded Saint Packages failed as well.

After several failed attempts, SUM started to complain about "can not find matching cofile" during the EPS inbox check.

Since this is just for the test/sandbox system at the moment (in preparation for the real deal), I finally decided to chose the option "delete..." for it.

I did so also because I found a note which claims that ST-A/PI can be installed at any time (later on), w/o impacting any other code within the system.

Now I'd like to know if anyone has had experiences with installing ST-A/PI and could point me into the right direction as to where to get the proper files for that.

As far as I understand it now, ST-A/PI is installed via SAINT & EPS packages.

Is it truly that simple or am I missing anything here?

I'll try to find out why SUM claimed it couldn't find any upgrade info for ST-A/PI before we continue, but for now my main concern is to be able to hand the a fully functional system over to the biz for testing.

Thanks in advance for any help

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Reagan
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hello

No need to panic. Just read this SAP Note. This Note will tell you the purpose of this tool.

Note 69455 - Servicetools for Applications ST-A/PI (ST14, RTCCTOOL, ST12)

You can install this anytime and this barely impacts the testing of the upgraded system.

Cheers

RB

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Donaldo,

You can always upgrade ST/API later on. Just remove all the entries of ST/API from the stack file and then you are good to start it again.

Regards,

Denish

former_member1012268
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks to all you folks confirming me what the note said.

Electronic paper is patient, so I needed confirmation.

Thanks once more!

former_member188883
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Donaldo,

You may delete ST-A/PI add-on during the upgrade and post upgrade install it manually.

Regards,

Deepak Kori