Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Paymnt diff while posting through cash desk

former_member190606
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I want to post a paymnt diff while posting thru cash desk. However, while selecting invoices in cash desk, the system is not allowing the paymnt amount to be lower than the amount selected.

pls guide as to how the system can be configured to book exp automatically. i did define the PaytDiffExpAcct in posting area 0060

many thanks in advance!

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member190606
Participant
0 Kudos

Would really appreicate if some expert could throw some light on this issue

Just in case i wasnt clear, I need to post payment difference as an expense while paying through cash desk. however, in cash desk when i select items, i cannot post a payment of amount different than the selected amount.

am i missing some config here. i did mention the GL for payment diff. any other config i am missing?

thanks!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi    

Adil

your case is to post a partial amount to an open item

for this go and check once the clearing variant and clearing steps in that go to group rule in that check the amount rule .

maintain amount rule as no amount restriction and check clearing rule and tolerances.

Verify Tolerance limits once.

i hope this may help you solve the issue

Moderator note - content removed due to violation

Thanks & Regards

Message was edited by: William Eastman

former_member190606
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks for the reply

However, partial clearing is not what i want. I want the payment difference to be written off. I am able to achieve this through payment lot, but cant do the same through cash desk

In cash desk, when i select open items, i do not have the option of changing the payment amount. The summary tab does not allow me to change the amount.

In short, i cant change the amount in the payment amount field as shown in image below

AmlanBanerjee
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Muhammad,

Go to the following SPRO config node-

SPRO--->Financial Accounting-->Contract Accounts Receivable and Payable---->Business Transactions---->Payments-->Processing Incoming and Outgoing Payments-->Cash Desk/Cash Journal--->Maintain Specifications for Cash Desk/Cash Journal

In here check under the "Settings for special Postings" , whether the indicator against "Enable difference of All payment categories" is ticked or not.

This has the effect that you can post differences in the cash journal for all payment categories.

Also if you are using roles, then can you please check in the following config that the role that you are using has the permission to post differences in Cash journal.

SPRO--->Financial Accounting-->Contract Accounts Receivable and Payable---->Business Transactions---->Payments-->Processing Incoming and Outgoing Payments-->Cash Desk/Cash Journal--->Maintain Role-Specific Activities for Cash Journal

Hope it helps...

Thanks,

Amlan

former_member190606
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Mr Amlan,

Thanks a lot for responding to my query

Actually i went through these configs before as well. I had deactivated role concept and according to config help, if it is deactivated then all users are assumed to be Branch Managers for the branches defined in Master data. The role of Branch Manager allows for posting of difference

However, still in the cash desk screen i am unable to write any amount or change the amount in the Payment amount field under the Summary tab(screenshot above)

I also tried activating the role concept but still i am unable to overwrite the Payment amount field. While selecting the items, the indicator for payment difference is also not activated. Any ideas?

Would really appreciate if you could give some guidance

Thanks!

william_eastman
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Do you have tolerance groups defined/assigned?  That would determine whether your posting area 0060 settings are used.

former_member190606
Participant
0 Kudos

Mr William,

Tolerance groups are defined and assigned to CA. Infact they are working fine when Payment/Check lot is used(except for some cases where system checks entries for posting area 0070 and picks the GL defined there)

However, in case of cash desk, i cant overwrite the amount in the Payment field under Summary tab(screenshot above). I can also not assign payment difference when selecting open items in cash desk. The button of payment difference remains deactivated all the time

I checked all possible settings. Dont know if some setting is still missing

What would you suggest

AmlanBanerjee
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Muhammad,

Just a thought, is the issue that you are facing any thing to do with any missing authorization object.

Can you check transaction SU53 or run a trace which performing the activity of posting a payment difference while posting through cash desk.

Hope it helps....

Thanks,

Amlan

former_member190606
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Mr Amlan,

I checked but it doesnt seem to be an authorization issue

I just cant get to activate the payment difference button(below) for some reason and i have gone through all the config i could find

AmlanBanerjee
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Adil,

Check the SAP KBA\note 1610539.

It may help you in resolving the issue.

Hope it helps..

Thanks,

Amlan