cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error during Planned order to production order conversion in VC.

former_member184655
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Members,

For a KMAT material, the planning strategy is set as 25 and a sales order is created with the proper characteristic values set.

After MRP run, planned orders are displayed with account assignment category as "M" and I'm getting this error message

"You cannot make an assignment to make-to-order stock", during planned order to production order conversion.

Actions taken to correct this error:

1.In the customizing activity Create Production order type in T.Code OPJH, the settlement Profile is set as SD1 for the particular production order type.

2.In T.Code OKO7, for the settlement profile SD1, under the valid receivers if the field value is set as 1 for material, then the system allows me to convert

the planned order into production order. But in the production order---> settlement rule its displaying the category as MAT with 100 %.

Is this is the standard behavior? If so in this specific Make to order scenario the settlement receiver will be the material itself?

Kindly please share your suggestions and view regarding the same.

Regards

Mangalraj.S

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Ritz
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Mangalraj,

please compare your settings with below one. Hope it will help you

Thanks

Ritesh

former_member184655
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Ritesh,

I tried by modifying the settings as per your suggestion. But the system issued the same error

message during planned order to production order conversion.

In the screen settings, which you have mentioned( in T.Code OKO7),

1.If the field value is set as 1 for material and sales order then I am able to convert the planned order into production order,but the issue is under settlement receiver MAT is getting displayed --->is this correct as in the Make to order scenario, the settlement receiver is the sales order.

2.If the field value is set as 1 for material and 2 for sales order, I'm able to convert the planned order into production order,but the system issues me an error message "

Distribution rule could not be created automatically" .

So I could not proceed with the further activities.

Please suggest.

Regards

Mangalraj.S

former_member184655
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Ritesh,

Any comments and suggestion on this?

Regards

Mangalraj.S

sjeevan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Normally requirement class 046 (configure to order) and 060 (Assemble to order) both are settled to the material (MAT). You'd have to use the settlement profile PP01 in OPJH instead of SD1.

The stock in this case is valuated separately from  MTS stock but the flow is same as MTS stock valuation. This is determined by the field Valuation = M under Account assignment section in OVZG, you can press F1 on the Valuation field and read more about it.

Also suggest you to check note 459734.

Jeevan

former_member184655
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Jeevan,

Thanks for providing the necessary input regarding the queries which I raised.

Will check the Note which you have mentioned.

Regards

Mangalraj.S

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member188931
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

could you  able to see components explosion after mrp process?

former_member184655
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Hrishi,

Yes the system is picking the correct BOM components and the system is creating the procurement

proposals for the components(as per the values selected during sales order creation).

Regards

Mangalraj.S

former_member188931
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Is this scenario work on valuates sales order stock or non valuated sales order stock?

former_member188931
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Please check these below points,

1.  For strategy 25, there should be requirement type KEK and Requirement class 046.

2.  Now under requirement class, you need to check; first whether it has settlement profile SD1 and account assignment category E instead of M (check tranx code OVZG)

Thanks

Hrishi

former_member184655
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Hrishi,

Thanks for your suggestions.

Checked the points which you have mentioned. In case if I modify the settings in OVZG as you have

suggested I am able to see the settlement receiver shown as SD1 in the production order.

But please clarify whether this setting should be carried out when working in planning strategy 25?

Also assuming if it's a non-valuated sales order stock what impact can I observe in the process? and

what transactions are to be carried out post to GR for the production order?(as the GR Non-valuated

tick will be set in the production order)?

Regards

Mangalraj.S

former_member188931
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Yes you can maintain these settings for strategy 25, it will works!

Also assuming if it's a non-valuated sales order stock what impact can I observe in the process?

Your all stock posting will be made against the material with change in MAP. and incase of special valuated stock, it will be on sales order.

Thanks

Hrishi

former_member184655
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Hrishi,

Thanks once again. Let me re-frame my question once again.

When using planning strategy 25, the account assignment category and valuation is set as M in

T.code OVZG for the requirement class - 046 in standard SAP.

I agree that by modifying these settings it works like a pure Make to order scenario(planning

strategy 20),with configuration enabled. But is this the general practice(best)that one should

carryout when working with variant configuration using planning strategy 25?

If so then why is this maintained with value as M in standard SAP? Does it means even with

account assignment M, we can execute the production process starting from Sales order-->MRP

run--->planned order--->production order(settlement will be done against the material?)[ for this in

T.code OKO7,the field value should be set 1 for material under settlement receiver]

Kindly please suggest.

Regards

Mangalraj.S

former_member188931
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear,

I could not able to give you justifiable answer why SAP gives M category for strategy 25. May from forum will help / guide us in this regards.

All the best

Thanks

Hrishi

former_member184655
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Hrishi,

Thanks for your efforts and I'm waiting that someone from this forum can help us in answering this

question.

Regards

Mangalraj.S