Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

after run PFCG_ORGFIELD_CREATE, still can not modify the new org. level

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

I want to add the field "PERSA" (personal area in HCM) as a new organizational level for authorization design.

I have run the report PFCG_ORGFIELD_CREATE to add this field. And no error appears.

After that , the value for that field in the authorization object comes to $PERSA. But I can not find this field from organizational level maintainance table.

Please help.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jay,

Did you add PERSA in tables USVAR & USORG. After adding please run PFCG_ORGFIELD_CREATE

Thanks & Regards,

Ravikanth

7 REPLIES 7

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jay,

Did you add PERSA in tables USVAR & USORG. After adding please run PFCG_ORGFIELD_CREATE

Thanks & Regards,

Ravikanth

0 Kudos

Hi Ravikanth,

It works now. Thank you very much.

BTW, since USVAR & USORG are standard sap table. Will those change be overwritten during the system upgrading?

0 Kudos

That's strange as report PFCG_ORGFIELD_CREATE (and PFCG_ORGFIELD_DELETE) already deal with tables USORG and USVAR (including transport integration). It shouldn't be neccessary to create the table entries manually.

Concerning upgrades: Report PFCG_ORGFIELD_UPGRADE should be used after an upgrade to adjust the new authorization proposals according to the custom org fields.

Kind regards

Frank

0 Kudos

Thanks Frank, This might be the reason.

The system  is set up since 2004, and we are doing the upgrade right now.

0 Kudos

Hi Frank,

it is very common that upgrade steps are completely ignored.

In the past there were some XPRA eventy for SU25, but now about 80% of customers click the popup in PFCG away each time or run set 1 again and anyway use "edit old status" mode (increasing trend - but that might also be biased as i seem to be attracting big messes which need fixing).

An installation and upgrade like a mobile app with some optional settings is becoming more popular it seems..  🙂

Cheers,

Julius

0 Kudos

Julius von dem Bussche wrote:

In the past there were some XPRA eventy for SU25, but now about 80% of customers click the popup in PFCG away each time or run set 1 again and anyway use "edit old status" mode (increasing trend - but that might also be biased as i seem to be attracting big messes which need fixing).

In my experience the use of "edit old status" is one of the key indicators of an immediate or soon-to-be fix being required...

0 Kudos

Hi, Frank.

We've had the some trouble recently and I paid my attention to the fact that the table USVART is language dependent. If a data element is a custom one (z*) and was created inaccurately, then there could be some troubles while using standard program PFCG_ORGFIELD_CREATE as it won't be able to add a field to USVAR & USVART.

We've solved our problem by recreating data element.