cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Read/Write Authorization for a single package

0 Kudos

Hi Everyone,

Is there a way to give a user read/write authorization for a single package? Let's say I create a structural package (package-1) and want to allow a user access to create/delete sub-packages (subpackage-1, subpackage-2, subpackage-3) under this package only, instead of all the packages in the Content folder.

Right now it seems that the user can create/delete any package in the Content folder...

Any help would be appreciated!

Thanks,

Jerad

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

rindia
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Jerad,

It means a given USER has the privilege on ROOT package. In order to restrict him, edit the user(under security folder)  and in package privilege remove the root package and add the package name to which (s)he is working on and select the check box for

REPO.READ:  Read access to the selected package and design-time objects (both native and imported).

REPO.EDIT_NATIVE_OBJECTS: Authorization to modify design-time objects in packages originating in the system the user is working in.

REPO.ACTIVATE_NATIVE_OBJECTS: Authorization to activate/reactivate design-time objects in package originating in the system the user is working in.

REPO.MAINTAIN_NATIVE_PACKAGES: Authorization to update or delete native packages or create sub-packages of packages  originating in the system in which the user is working.

Regards

Raj

0 Kudos

Thank you for the tips Raj! You are correct regarding individual package authorization. I was having a problem with seeing individual packages in the authorization area in HANA Studio v46, so I upgraded to v56 and am no longer having that issue.

Thanks again for the help.

former_member345144
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Hi Kumar,

"edit the user(under security folder)" Can you explain your this comment, please. I see first time to your shared screen.

Thank you.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Which mean..In you HANA Studio - > security folder -> expand and double click on the username that you want to edit.

Former Member
0 Kudos

This message was moderated.

Answers (0)