cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Solution Manager Technical Monitoring SQL Error

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi guys

I am experiencing a frustrating error in solution manager technical monitoring. Solman is reporting that the DB is unavailable and when I run the analysis on the error the error returned is "I'm not a member of sysadmin server role"

All users that are used in the windows services are sysadmins as are the DAAADM account and SAPSERVICEDAA and ECD_SAPMonitor and sapadm.

All users listed in SQL security logins except the ECD DB user setup by SAP are sysadmin

At a rather loss here where further to look ...

MSSQL Database not available

Start Date Time 04.06.2013 23:41:03 CET
End Date Time 05.06.2013 00:10:03 CET
Managed Object ECD (
Database )
Category Availability
Rating Red Status Open

Alert
Description

Description:

The availability checks for database ECD have failed. This means that the
database or the monitored connections to the database are not available. You
should check the database availability manually and restart the database if
necessary.

Measured Metrics

Description Managed Object First Last Worst Min Max Last Text Value Unit
DBA Cockpit MSSQL Connection
Status
ECD

0 0 0 Database available
MSSQL Client Software Status
ECD

0 0 0 MS SQL Server client software is
configured properly.
MSSQL Server Software Status
ECD

0 0 0 I'm not a member of sysadmin server
role.
MSSQL Database Status
ECD

0 0 0 The database is running and configured
properly.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

bxiv
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I had this issue a couple of months back, I setup monitoring template for the MSSQL database and 1 QA SQL server behaved just like this.

Go back to Solman_setup > Managed Systems Configuration > Choose your Tehnical system (ECD in your case) > Click on the Configure System button.

In the new Window go to Step 5 (Enter System Parameters) verify your DB Parameters, my guess is that its red.

SQL settings on a domain, pay attention to your slashes

Database Server = SQL hostname\instance name (verify with your DBA)

Database Name = SID (aka ECD)

Administrator Login = Windows.domain\SIDadm

Administrator Password = password for SIDadm

Monitor login should use = Windows Auth

Don't forget to set a password a password for the SAPMonitor

Hit Save and see if you get a new error or if the status changes to green, I have also seen it change to green but still have login issues on the SQL server.  I think my DBA also had to do some work on his side to allow SolMan access to the various SQL instances.

If the DBA cockpit does start working, then you may need to verify Step 8 (Configure Automatically) and run some of those  tasks/steps again as they will be able to setup extractors for the SQL server and provide data for the Alert Inbox.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks for the comprehensive reply, I've tried all those now to be sure and dbacockpit connection in the managed system setup is green but the monitor still seems to error. Am trying another system installation with slightly varied DB server DAA installation using the windows domain rather than local domain on the DB server as per sapnote 1458291 so fingers crossed will let you know ....

bxiv
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You may need to remove monitoring in Step 5 (Define Scope) > switch to the Database tab > highlight that SQL server and click on the remove monitoring button.  The metric or threshold for Technical Monitoring may be stuck or re-applied in order to use the new connections/extractors to that SQL server.

Something else that may be worth your while to check is in Tx ST04 you can pull up the various SQL servers from SolMan and verify that you are in fact pulling stats for them.  I know that when my DBA learned that he could review SQL servers without having to log into every system just to run ST04, he was fairly happy; your DBA may also enjoy this method of reviewing stats from the application view point.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi mate

Thanks for the reply, I tried adding a completely new system this time using the domain model mentioned in the SNOTE to the monitoring and it has the same error. Interestingly though I can access the databases from ST04 in Solution manager however it crashes trying to load the space overview section of st04 with no short dump.

However I do notice something interesting in ST04 about restricted database privileges when loading up another database. Will follow that lead and see where it goes

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi mate

I think this is a support pack issue as our APO system (5.1) is only compatible with SQL2008R2 and I have just setup the monitoring on that and there is no database connection issue.

I'm picking this issue will resolve itself once all support packs have been updated to new versions.

Thanks for your help with this

Former Member
0 Kudos

We got it fixed, Check SAPNOTE 1877727 - one of our contractors had the same problem at another site and raised an OSS call and that was what they came back with. The problem has disappeared since implementing this note.

bxiv
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Excellent to hear!  The DBA I work with must of done something along those lines of the snote; he is picky about having his work reviewed by non-DBAs...which is fine by me, I don't care for SQL.

Answers (0)