SAP for Public Sector Discussions
Foster conversations about citizen engagement, resource optimization, and service delivery improvements in the public sector using SAP.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wrong commitment item update in MIR7

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I am facing a problem with wrong commitment item update in MIR7 after carry forward commitments for Earmarked Funds.

During MIR7 – parking Invoice Document (Purchase Order with reference to Earmarked Funds) is shown message of Availability Control. Earmarked Funds are already reduced by Purchase Order and sufficient budget is available. The message appears only in MIR7/MIRO and only for documents with carry forward commitment for Earmarked funds.

Has anyone got the similar problem? Thanks for advice.

6 REPLIES 6

iklovski
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please, elaborate with an example. Technically speaking, if your PO has consumed EMF, then what exactly do you carry-forward as the commitment of EMF should be reduced? Do you mean that you carry-forward the remains of EMF? What about PO's commitment: is it carried-forward as well? Also, please specify on what commitment item you receive AVC message during IR and what your SAP release is.

Regards,

Eli

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Eli,

EMF document was posted to the previous year and its commitment was carried-forward to the current year (for EMF). Then I posted PO to the current year for the whole amount of EMF (EMF seems to be reduced by PO correctly – I checked reports). But I still receive AVC message on EMF commitment item during MIR7. There must be something wrong in reducing the commitment between EMF and PO. I have already looked for SAP notes, but without success. My release is EA-APPL 605 / 0008.

I was testing some other variants:

- I posted EMF to previous year and carried forward the commitment to the following year. Then I posted FI document to the current year with reference to EMF. Commitment was reduced correctly and I didn’t receive AVC message. Everything was OK.

- I posted EMF to current year (no carry forward) and PO with the reference to EMF.  Everything was OK, again.

I receive AVC message only in MIR7 (MIRO) and only for carried-forward commitment for EMF.

Thanks.

iklovski
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

When you do a carry-forward, is the budget taken as well? What update profile do you have: basically, if you have commitment and payment budgets or only payment budget?

Thanks,

Eli

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

budget is taken as well, othewise I could not post PO. My update profile is 000101.

Thanks.

iklovski
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please, try the following:

a) Check via FMN5N and FMN4N that EMF and PO in question are correctly posted in FMIOI

b) Check via RFFMRC20 report, that EMF in question is not 'damaged'

c) Run FMAVCREINIT and check if it helps

Regards,

Eli

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I run FM_DLOI to delete Cmmt data and FMN5N for reconstruction EMF in FMIOI. It solved my problem. But it may appear again after carryforward EMF commitment. Thanks for all your advices.

Jan