Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Communication channel status after a failed message

former_member560382
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi guys,

I'm trying to find out the bhavior of a CC when a message fails. I initially thought, that the CC is in the ERROR status, when a message fails and remain iin this until a next successful message goues through. But this is not right. We had a situation, that a message failed 4 hours ago and tha no message was processed since that time succesffully and the CC is OK. On the other hand, we had a CC where a message failed, CC wnt into ERROR, but there were a couple of successful messages after this and the CC was still in ERROR. Can somebody please explain me the behavior of the CC how it really is?

Thanks,

Peter

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

ambrish_mishra
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Peter,

The CC status is dependent upon factors like retry (how many times) and the retry interval. It goes green after another successful message has gone through but it is also dependent upon the time after which the CC checks the status and it goes green if there are no errors.

The logs are dependent upon the size which it can hold for a channel... after that the logs are flushed out as well.

Hope it helps!

Ambrish

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Peter,

Asynchronous scenarios:

File/SOAP/JMS/JDBC... if the target system is not available ,it tries to push the message for 3 times and then it sits in AE as failed message.When the server is up then we need to manually resend it from RWB/messagemonitoring/select the failed message and click on resend.

Synchronous scenarios:

We can't resend the synchronous/successful messages using resend option

When comes to logs in comm channel.At can hold only certain no logs .it is like open pipe.messages comes and goes out(cleared).

Regards

Venkat

Muniyappan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Peter,

but there were a couple of successful messages after this and the CC was still in ERROR. Can somebody please explain me the behavior of the CC how it really is?

What do you see in the cc short logs? functioning or any other error do you see?

if cc goes into error and again connects successfully and processes message it takes some time to go into green color(i guess that is what you are looking for). but the the channel is functioning.

some adapters like MDM PI adapter,jms i have seen this behavior.

May i know which adapter you are using?

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Muniyappan.

vikas2
Active Participant
0 Kudos

I have seen two cases ( taking example of ftp comm channel 😞

- In case there're validation / connection issues, the communication fails. Examples will be the ftp account is locked or the target is unreachable. This will be a clear error.

- However, sometimes we have seen that if there're network issues, the communication channel just "hangs" - in these cases it doesn't throw any errors - the status seems fine in RWB but we see that a lock object has been created and we unlock the communication channel to get it working again.