cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Credit memo cannot be higher than Debit note

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear all,

I have a requirement that a credit memo cannot have a higher amount as a debit note.

The credit memo is created with mandatory reference.

Prices are introduced manually.

Can you tell me which settings do I need to do?

I have tried marking TVCPAFK-VOREF Complete reference in VTAF transaction. However, this does not help: the value in the credit memo can be lower, but not higher.

Any idea what I can do?

Not sure I can do this without coding.

Thanks in advance!!

Félix

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member184065
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear,

When you raised DR to Customer ,some thing ,If you need to create CR to Customer then create based on DR .So,in this case ,the system can give you Message you cant create a CR greater than DR amount .

In VOV8,for DR , maintain CR in the Field " Reference Mandatory " under General Control Tab.So,when a movement ,you are going to create CR then system will lead you into reference mandatory as DR doc number .

In VTAF,maintain Pricing Type is C in Item Level then whatever you had manual Pricing Condition Types in Pricing Procedure of DR then you can that Condition Types manually in CR .

You can see standard settings in VTAF ,its self restrict the CR doc in VA01 .

Thanks,

Naren

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

thanks for the answer, but no, it does not work :-(.

My DR has Reference mandatory  M => when creating a DR I need to insert an invoice number.

Problem:

Credit Request: 1000 USD

Debit note: 1000 USD (OK)

Debit note: 2000 USD (NO OK, this is what I am trying to restrict)

Debit note: 500 USD (this needs to be allowed)

Any idea how I can restrict that the debit note is not higher than the credit note?

Thanks!!!

Félix

former_member184065
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear,

Yes ,you are right .Actually,system should have to give the Error when exceeded the CR amount than DR amount .But it is allowing .So,we need to go for Routine Level as explain this to your ABAPer and keep this Routine in VOFA in the Field of " Copying Requirements " .

Thanks,

Naren

former_member184065
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear,

Thays why in VTAF ,we had D-Copy Pricing Elements Unchanged means you cannot enter any condition types manually ,just if you change the Quantity then automatically system reduce the amount also but if you maintain more quantity instead of issued quantity then system will propose just message .So,make this Message to Error by ABAPer .

If you have any doubts please let me know .

Thanks,

Naren

former_member182378
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Narendra, Felix,

D-Copy Pricing Elements Unchanged means you cannot enter any condition types manually ,just if you change the Quantity then automatically system reduce the amount also but if you maintain more quantity instead of issued quantity then system will propose just message .So,make this Message to Error by ABAPer

Pricing type D means to copy the pricing (without changing) from one document to another.

That means Credit memo (billing document) 100EUR, then in the debit memo request it populates 100EUR.

But the user can very well change the prices (and quantity) in the debit memo request.

Depending upon the field "Manual entries" in V/06, for a condition type.

So, how did you setup that the price in the debit memo request (or the follow on document) can not be changed?

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member182378
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Felix,

In the subject of your post you mention - Credit memo NOT greater than debit note.

But in the example you mention - Debit memo amount NOT greater than Credit memo

Debit note: 2000 USD (NO OK, this is what I am trying to restrict)

Debit note: 500 USD (this needs to be allowed)

What is the business reason behind this requirement?

How can you "connect" a debit memo request to a credit memo request?

Should debit memo request ALWAYS be created with reference to a credit memo (or credit memo request)?

Please explain with some business examples.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We use Sales and Distribution to create credit memos and debit notes.

Prices are introduced manually.

Configuration of the Credit memo in VOV8 has Reference mandatory  M to an invoice, which is the one from a Debit note.

My requirement is:

A Credit memo can have equal or lower value than the debit note it refers to.

But it cannot be higher.

In reference to your next message, with Pricing type E    Adopt price components and fix values I only get half of what I need, so it is not a solution. (I need to be able to change prices, but only to make them lower).

Thanks in advance!

F

former_member182378
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Felix,

Main point is "How a debit memo request is connected with credit memo?"

Only then can the ABAPer write a logic to compare and keep value of debit memo request less then the credit memo.

So please convey what is the relation between both?

Should debit memo request ALWAYS be created with reference to a credit memo (or credit memo request)?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

yes, that is the case.

Reference in the creation of debit memo is mandatory.

Thks and regards,

F