cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

UltraLiteJ Error[-102]: Database server connection limit exceeded

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have created an android application with sup 2.1 and deployed MBO's , and it was working fine and when i had added two more scenario i'm getting error that shows that "UltraLiteJ Error[-102]: Database server connection limit exceeded"  while syncing.

How do i over come this kind of error while connecting to MBO database, which also i came to know that it does not permit more than 10 connection.

Any help will be Thankfull.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

midhun_vp
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

For a development system there will be some limitations to the number of devices that can be connected to the device. In a production environment we can buy n number of license for the device.

Once the number of users exceeds the thing to do is delete the old users. Since it is a test environment large number of users are not required.

- Midhun VP

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi, is this error is due to connection between device and server database or device to MBO database. where the no of user to be increased

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have the same error... Even mode offline... I think that is a connection with database of UltraLite... Exist a method for to know when the connection is ready, or exist ?

for example: app.isConnected() == true || app.isLogin() == true....

How I eliminate this exception?

I need help.

midhun_vp
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You have API to open a connection/create DB if it was closed or doesn't exist:

if (!ManagerDB.databaseExists()) {

ManagerDB.createDatabase();

Log.d("Database 2", "Value is"

+ ManagerDB.databaseExists());

} else {

ManagerDB.openConnection();

}

But the error mentioned could be because of the number of connections exceeds the number of available license. You can check in SCC, SCC>local@localhost>General>Licensing.

Midhun VP

DoanManhQuynh
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Maybe you could close old connection before start new one.I mean after synchronize, you call close connection method, it maybe fix your issue .

Former Member
0 Kudos

thanks for your support but when i call close connection, the application is closing.

also noted from MBO that,

/**

* Normally when application exits, database connection resources would be cleaned up. This method can be used in application shutdown phase to proactively release database connection resources. But we should not call this method during application running.

*/

any other possibilities to solve this.

DoanManhQuynh
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I were got similar error with yours when develope application on iOs. For 10 times sychronize, it would throw an exception and I dont know why. I were put closeConnection method after synchronize and it work fine now. this method is "Closes all the free connections and clears the connection pool" so i think it dont have relationship with close application unless you call method to close app.Anyway, may be our scenriano are difference .