Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

QM configuration for Plant to Plant Stock Transfer

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

I am not much aware of QM configuration in Plant and my user's requirement is,

Requirement: In his co. code there are 3 plants and QM is active in 1st plant only now if he transfers(Stock Transfer) his Finish Good from 1st plant where QM is active to 2nd plant where QM is not active then what are the configuration settings required in both the plants or in plant 2, for this scenario.

Can anybody guide me for the whole configuration settings required in such case?

Thanks,

Naresh

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

dejoy
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Naresh,

Are you asking how to generate inspection lots while receiving through STO at 2nd plant?.

1.Need to activate "quality inspection for a movement type" IMG>Quality Management>Quality Inspection>Inspection Lot Creation>Inspection for goods movements>for your STO-GR movement type.

2.Mention Insp.Type 08 in material master>QM view>insp type.

have a look on chapter "Inspection for a Stock Transfer" in http://help.sap.com/printdocu/core/print46c/en/data/pdf/QMIMIL/QMIMIL.pdf also.

Edit:are you using any Q-Info record? Carefull if STO-GR movement type is used in other places where you dont want to have insp lot creation.

Regards,

Message was edited by: dee joy

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

From QM stock, release the material to unrestricted stock.

Then follow normal stock transfer between plants using normal MM stock transfer process.

Discuss with MM consultants on the stock transfer process.

former_member42743
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Agree with Maheswaran.. this isn't a QM issue.  Once you release the material from QM to unrestricted it is just another material in inventory.  Transfer it the other plants in the same manner as you would transfer the material between the two non QM plants.  Usually stock transport orders are utilized for that. 

FF

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks Maheswaran and Fire Fighter,

But my requirement is that, when material is received at 2nd plant then QM lot should get generated and after RR and UD it goes to Unrestricted stock of 2nd plant.

Thanks,

Naresh

Former Member
0 Kudos

If 2nd plant doesn't have QM activated, how do you want the system to generate Inspection lot??

Petepall
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Naresh,

If you want to also use QM in plant 2 then the required configuration needs to be performed.

If you don't want to have QM in plant 2 but currently are blocked because the QM is activated for the material that you are moving, then create a QM view for the material in plant 2 and add the 0000 quality control key.

This basically disables the usage of QM requirements in plant 2

This will then not generate any QM lot, no UD needed and stock in plant 2 moves directly into unrestricted stock.

former_member42743
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Are you thinking you want to receive in directly from  QM plant 1 into a non-QM plant (using a straight material movement but no transport orders?) but you want an inspection lot at the non QM plant.

Not possible without setting up QM in second plant.

FF

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Yes exactly the same.

Hence my question is how to do settings for QM in second plant.

Plz guide me bcoz I am not having indepth knowledge of SAP QM.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

That's why I want to know steps to activate QM in 2nd plant.

Plz guide me for the same.

Thanks,

Naresh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Do Plant Level Settings in Quality Management - Basic Settings - Maintain Plant Level Settings

Assign the Stock transfer Inspection type (08 or z inspection type created for 08) to that material & plant combination.

former_member42743
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

So you are NOT using stock transport orders to move the material between the two plants but you want an inspection lot in the second plant driven by the first plant? Highly unusual unless this is a virtual plant since with out the stock transport orders you would have no documents for the truck to make the delivery unless you plan to hand write them.

In any case, what you can try is this.

Generate your normal 04 inspection lot in your QM plant 1. 

Make your basic QM config settings in non-QM plant 2.  You should plan on creating a UD selected set for in plant 2.

I believe, but I'm not 100% sure about this, you'll have to set up the materials QM view in plant 2 and add inspection type 04.

Now, try using transaction QAC2 to transfer the created inspection lot directly from QM plant 1 to plant 2.

You can try it with no QM set up in plant 2 first and see what happens.  I've never tested this, (no reason to), so I don't know what the minimum QM setup would be required.  But I'm guessing most of the standard default config will suffice.  I think you'll need the QM config done for plant 2.

I don't know how much of the material master and QM view will have to be done to allow the transfer of the lot into the plant or what potential issues might happen from some of it being missing.  You'll just have to try it and see what happens.  Please let me (us) know if you try this.

Thanks!

FF

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ok Thnx