cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Availablity check for 50 strategy group- not confirming the ordered quantity

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Friends,

My client business requirement is as follows.

Independent planned requirements are maintained in MD61 for yearly forcast with weekly basis

when i create a sales order, system is checking the MD61 table and based on that enty ,system runs the availability check

here,

materialIst week2nd Week
Material A 200210

But in sales order if i order 410 quantity ,system only considering the first week quantity as 200 and it is ignoring the 210 quantity of 2nd week requirement

How do i bring that 210 quantity in sales order level, so that the sales order confirmed quantity will be 410

Dear experts can you please show some lights on this issue- to solve my problem

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The system set up is as follows:

Strategy group in material master - 50 (planned without final assembly)

Availability check - 02 (Individual requirements)

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Requirement type is KEV

Requirement class is 045

In requirement class level

i) Availability check is off

ii) Requirement transfer is on

iii) Allocation indicator is  2 (consume planning without assembly)

With regards,

Pratheep

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Pratheep,

Normally in Strategy 50, for new orders, you are ATP'ing against unconsumed forecast (PIRs), not against stock or future receipts.  In your  example, I suspect that your 410 piece order has consumed all the forecast for week one (200), so there is no forecast left in week 1 against which to confirm.  Your consumption strategy does not permit forward consumption, or the forecast for week 2 has already been consumed by other orders.

This problem is normally solved by adjusting your consumption methodology in your Material Master.  Look at the MRP3 tab of your material. Check the consumption mode; it should be 2, 3, or 4 to allow forward consumption.  Then, enter a non-zero value in your 'forward consumption period' field.

Best Regards,

DB49

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi sivram,

Thanks for your valuable suggestion

In ovz9 planned order and production orders are marked with X

the box check without RLT is unchecked

but still the system is confirming in sales order only the 200 quantity which i have maintained in the MD61 june month projection.

system is not considering the July projection of 210 quantity in sales order

Former Member
0 Kudos

THANKS DOGBOY 49,

Very helpful answer, as you suggested the 410 quantity is confirming in the sales order schedule lines.

Now my client wants to get the confimed schedule lines for the unplanned quantities, that is

In PIR 200+210 =410

sales order quantity -500

the remaining 90 quantity is not comiting  because system is checking only the PIR quantity

Dear Dogboy please suggest me how to configure the system to comit the 90 quantity in sales order please ...

Please guide me

with regards,

Pratheep

Former Member
0 Kudos

Pratheep,

This 'lead time ATP' functionality is not supported in standard Strategy 50.

When you look at the normal Strategy 50 business scenarios, it would be illogical to confirm sales documents at lead time; only ATP against PIRs is supported.  In general, even if you were to create a Finished Goods production order, or Sales order Stock against the Sales Order, the Sales order would not confirm until you ALSO had created supporting forecast elements (PIRs).

Best Regards,

DB49

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Dogboy thank you,

Could you please suggest me  that how to find  the scope of check for 50 strategy group, usually scope of check will be identified in sales order availability check screen.

But in 50 strategy group ,which is displaying

Please guide me experts

With regards,

Pratheep

Former Member
0 Kudos

Pratheep,

In standard strategy 50, scope of check is irrelevant and is not used during the availability check.  You are not checking against the elements contained in the Scope of check screen.  Instead, you are checking against Planned Independent requirements.  Below from OPPS; in an unmodified system:

If you wish to use the elements contained in 'scope of check', you should use another strategy (besides 50).  If you elect to modify standard Strategy 50, caveat emptor.

Best Regards,

DB49

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks all for the support

I have concluded that if i use 50 strategy group for the material master, then i cannot consider the ATP Logic

Thread is closed

With Regards,

Pratheep.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Shiva_Ram
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

It looks like you are working with MTO scenario. In MTO scenario, when you enter the sales order, the total quantity will get confirmed and for that quantity requirements will be created (in production/procurement). How the 210 quantities available in the second week? Is it through production order?

Check in t.code OVZ9, for 02 + AE combinations, both include planned order and include production orders fields are added with value X. If the box check without RLT is checked, then check the material master MRP3 view settings for In-house production time/GR processing time. Compare these days against the delivery date of the sales order. This may explain the reason for under-confirmation of quantities in sales order.

Regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Shiva Ram,

Thanks for your reply

Just wanted to know where do i check the scope of check, since the 50 straegy group scenario is not showing what type of scope is using by the system.

02 checking group is flowing from material master

as you suggested 02+AE combination is no where is sales order(scope of check)

please guide me how to identify the scope of check for 50 staegy group

With reards,

Pratheep