cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Intercompany invoice - exclude item

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gurus,

I would like to exclude an item category YPXX from intercompany invoicing, as it is only customer . relevant.

To give you an example:

Sales org 01SO in company code 01CC creates order /delivery and customers invoice.

Item cat. YPXX is relevant for customers invoicing.

The goods are to be delivered from Plant 02PL in sales org 02SO, company code 02CC.

Based on the delivery , the IV in 02SO is created. YPXX is copied from the delivery into the internal invoice and invoiced.

-> this shall be changed.

I investigated:

- changing the billing status of the item category is not an option as:

-  In copy control of billing you cannot switch to another position type.

-  excluding the item category from copy controll has the effect that the items remains in VF04as billable but are not billable.

Does anybody of you have experience with such an issue?

Thank you very much for your advise.

BRGDS

Bianca

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member182378
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Blanca,

I would like to exclude an item category YPXX from intercompany invoicing, as it is only customer . relevant.

The "cleanest" solution could be to create a dedicated Sales document type for the Intercompany Sale process (in other words for both F2 and IV; user shall create a sales order with a different order type).

For this order type, the item category YPXX is not "applicable" or assigned (in VOV4).

Thus user can not create intercompany sales order with item category YPXX.

If you want to keep the same Sales document type, for OTC sale and for Intercompany sales; and do not want to use item category YPXX for intercompany sales, then probably coding / enhancement needs to be done.

In program MV45AFZB, in userexit USEREXIT_CHECK_VBAP, lines of code have to be written where the logic would be -

check the Company code of the sales organization with the Company code of the delivering plant,

- if same then allow item category YPXX;

- if different then do not allow item category YPXX;

in the sales order.

Answers (6)

Answers (6)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bianca,

Where you able to resolve this issue as I have come across a similar scenario in my implementation and your suggestions would help. Thanks.

Former Member
0 Kudos

The way I comprehend it is this, your company places an order say one line-item of TAS and the other line item as  YPXX  now TAS is relevant for inter-company billing  and has CS as a schedule line category , which then creates a PO.

Now the way I understand it is this, once the PGI is done using billing type IV  you  bill your sister company for TAS only,

but YPXX is only relevant for billing the customer right?  then change the schedule line category settings for YPXX  and only TAS will appear  in Billing type IV.

While for the customer both YPXX and TAS will appear in billing type F2.

former_member184065
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear,

Inter Company Invoice having two Invoices ,one is Customer Invoice and Inter Company Invoice .These both Invoices related to only one Item category why because we have one Sales doc type ,it will be bonded with Item category .No,this Sales doc.type having two Billing Types as F2 or F1 and IV .

If there are two Invoices then we can call it as Inter Company Process If not dont want call it as Inter Company Process .

Now ,coming to the Point is ,

1. If you dont want Inter company Invoice then simply remove the IV from Sales doc type .

2. If you want IV then you need to maintain it in Sales .doc type .If you want IV with no price ,it doesnt have sense less in SAP .

3.In inter Company Process ,Schedule Line Category having very IMP why because It is having two Movement Types ( it is assigned to Sales doc type )  depends upon requirement one step or two steps .

Note : Please let me know ,how you are doing Inter Company process .

Thanks,

Naren

eduardo_hinojosa
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Bianca,

If your problem is avoid these items in VF04, try with enhancement V60P0001. See SAP Note 137030 - Collective billing : Group processing for further details.

I hope this helps you

Regards

Eduardo

former_member186385
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi ,

I didn't understand what exactly you mean by this statement

-  excluding the item category from copy controll has the effect that the items remains in VF04as billable but are not billable.

If you remove the item category from copy control from Delivery to Intercompany billing, do you see any impact ?

regards,

santosh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes, I cannot bill the items, but see they remain in VF04. 😞

eduardo_hinojosa
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

Then create a variant in VF04. Create an additional field if you need it to filter the records. Add this field with the suggested enhancement. See these notes

SAP Note 175645 - VF04 : Display variants

SAP Note 69519 - Display variant: billing due list: Shipping point

SAP Note 139890 - Collective note : Online processing VF04/VF06

Regards

Eduardo

Shiva_Ram
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I don't see any other option than having separate item category (with no billing relevance) for IC invoices.

Regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shiva,

I think it is a good idea to add a seperate item category in the invoice with no billing relevance.

But the question is, how to add it into the invoice, as the item categories cannot be switched like in sales orders.

BRGDS
Bianca

Shiva_Ram
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Not sure, but try to check the copy control settings in t.code VTFL ->item level ->copying requirements field. Here you can add required check to pick the right item category. I have never done this, so not able to confirm whether this works or not.

Regards,

former_member182378
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Shiva, Bianca,

(Thinking from a conceptual point of view) Field Billing relevance, in an item category instruct the system to ascertain the quantity in the billing document.

(e.g. Order related or Delivery related billing)

If an item category with field Billing relevance = blank is (somehow) put in a billing document, then there would not be any quantity in the billing document!

Probably a billing document can not be created, with this item category (with field billing relevance = blank).

Another point - If you want to have a different item category in the Intercompany billing document, through coding; then why not go for an item category with billing relevance = A delivery related billing. (a copy of YPXX).

I don't understand the reason for having a different item category in the billing document with billing relevance as blank. Why?