cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Data Passing from ERP to SCM via CIF interface

Former Member
0 Kudos

For passing data from ERP to SCM am using EXIT_SAPLCMAT_001 at ERP side and EXIT_/SAPAPO/SAPLCIF_PROD_001 at SCM side.

But whenever new material will be created in R3 , i want to update 3 fields in SCM 1 >New product flag

2> Prod start date

3> production End date

these fields are present on on "Properties of SPP tab" tab in transaction /SAPAPO/MAT1 .

There is no relative fields i could find in enhancements for these .

Can anyone guide me on this .

Thanks in advance,

sharad.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi sharad

i am required to work on the same user exit. i dont have much idea about scm . can you help me with this. is there any way i can get in touch with you so that we can discuss in detail.

somnath_manna
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sharad,

Please take a look at SMP Note 903145 - SPP-specific fields are missing in product maintenance. I do not have access to a SCM 5.0 system and hence could not check out the exit at SCM side.

The fields mentioned by you are not the regular extra fields and hence ATT01 ... fields should not be relevant.

Hope this helps.

Thanks,

Somnath

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Andy and Somanth for ur replies.

Andy the fields are not extra fields but are SAP standard fields in Trasacton /SAPAPO/MAT1 and in Tab Properties of SPP

screen field names are

New Product : /SAPAPO/MATIO-NEWPROD_INDI

Prod Start Date :/SAPAPO/MATIO-PRD_STARTDT

Prod End Date:/SAPAPO/MATIO-PRD_ENDDT .

So these are not extra fields and i couldnt find any similar field in interface at SCM side to transfer the values.

I have one more question, our requirnment was to move MARA-MSTAE( Cross Plant Material Status- on basic data 1) field from R3 side to SCM as Product group value of product Group Type PS. I could transfer the field via interface and its getting populated there, but now whenever on R3 side am changing the value of MARA-MSTAE its not getting updated in SCM side .I am updating internal table IT_MATGROUP of enhancement EXIT_/SAPAPO/SAPLCIF_PROD_001 passing IT-MATGROUP-METHOD = IT_MATKEY-METHOD and rest fields as per my values.

Can you suggest me where am going wrong, as while creating new materialits working but after changing the same material with new value it its getting reflected in SCM.

Thanks in advance ,

Sharad.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sharad

I have not been exposed to 5.0 yet so those fields I have not seen yet. Somanth seemed to have answered that one for you. As for field MARA-MSTAE, I think I can help. You need to find out if you have BTE, ALE or no change transfer set up in transaction CFC9 for the material master. If set to BTE then the change of the material master should trigger the material to be sent immediately and your field should go along for the ride. If BTE is set up and the value is still not coming then check ND-APO is checked in Activate Online Transfer Using BTE in the following SPRO path: Integration with other SAP components -> Advanced Planning and Optimization -> Basic Settings for the Data Transfer -> Change Transfer -> Change Transfer for Transaction Data. If that is set then change something else in the material master like adding a character to the description, save and see if that works.

If set to ALE then changes are queued up according to the changes triggered by specific fields in the message type CIFMAT. This is more configurable then BTE. MARA-MSTAE is not registered by default in the message type CIFMAT but you can add it using transaction BD52. If you have no change transfer configured in CFC9 then of course you should change to one of the above options.

Some things to note - in order for the ALE change pointers to work properly you need to set the one and only flag in BD61 and activate the message type CIFMAT in BD50. You can also create your own message type with it's own fields.

Hope this helps

Andy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Andy ,

Mara-MSTAE field on ERP side i want to populate as Product group of product Group type say for Eg .'EB' . That means in short i need to create an entry in table /SAPAPO/MATGROUP on SCM side . Which am able to do while NEW material is getting transffered From Erp-SCM via CIF .

I checked changing material description / Gross wt. the changes are reflected in SCM but if i change the Value of MARA-MSTAE, even if CIF is getting triggered i dont see new value of MSTAE being updated in SCM side as new prod Group value . So no problems with CIF triggering but in create action of New material on R3 side vlaues for Matgroup flowes in SCM side as Product Group but the same dosent work while Changing any existing material.

Hope i could explain my problem.

Plz suggest.

Thanks ,

Sharad.

Message was edited by:

sharad todkar

Message was edited by:

sharad todkar

former_member716601
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Hi Sharad,

Why do you want to pass these fields into SCM and especially the SPP specific fields? How would this be used in SCM planning functions?

Are you in a scenario where you use SPP?

Sameer

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello sameer,

Actually am in scenario where we use SPP fields.

For your infomation I could do all above things via User exit EXIT_SAPMMDUSER_005 . Which too gets called when CIF triggeres.

Thank you all for your time,

Sharad Todkar

Message was edited by:

sharad todkar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi sharad - I believe these fields are in the additional data section at the bottom of the screen - am I correct? Go to the fields and press F1 then technical information button - are the field names like ATT01, ATT02, ATT03? If so then these are in matkey table on both sides - you can map data in R3 (don't forget the matkeyx table) and that is all you need to do. If I am wrong then reply with what the field names are for the fields you are trying to update.

Andy