Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Replace a user ( authorization tab)

former_member209919
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Experts,

Does anyone if there is a function/report to change in a massive way the authorizations for replacing one user by another? ( Bucket, portfolio item, project scheduling....)

I know that you can configure a substitute, but this is not enough for us, we need replace him in all the objects that the user is assigned.

I have checked that technically shouldn't is very easy develop the report but I would like to confirm that there is nothing standard.

Any idea?

Thanks!!!

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member201206
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Clara,

as far as I known, there is no such functionality in standard. There is similar logic to remove the authorization accordingly during replace a business partner, but I think, it is not what you want.

An own report should be easy, aco_user is the involved table, Not forget to check which authorization combination is allowed, if you would like to downgrade the authorization.

Kind regards,

Zhenbo

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Additional info from the config guide. Hope this helps.

With Enterprise Portal

If you use SAP Portfolio and Project Management in the Enterprise Portal, the Replace User /

Resource entry is invisible by default. To make it visible, do the following:

1. 1. Edit the attributes of portal page cpr_replace_showcase.
  2. 2. Set the Invisible attribute to No.

Without Enterprise Portal

The Replace User / Resource entry is invisible by default. To make it visible do the following:

1. 1. Choose transaction PFCG and edit role SAP_BPR_PPM.
  2. 2. Choose the Menu tab and then choose Role menu Portfolio and Project

Administration Overview Services Replace User / Resource . Doubleclick

Replace User / Resource.

1. 3. Choose Other Node Details and deselect the Invisible checkbox.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Clara,

I saw the following in the Application Operations Guide for PPM (but I have not used or seen the option). I don't have access to a system right now to verify, but might worth checking it out.

Portfolio and Project Administration -> Services -> Replace User / Resource

You can replace users and resources in multiple objects, relevant subobjects, and in role-task assignments. For more information, see SAP Library on SAP Help Portal at http://help.sap.com.

Regards,

Lashan