cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IDT Connect to Oracle with Unexpected Behaviour error

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi guys,

I'm new to this, currently i'm having an issue on creating the Relational Connection to Oracle 11g in IDT. The error i'm having is "Unexpected Behaviour" while i'm trying to select the Oracle client. I've tested in Universe Designer and the connection works fine.

Currently i've installed the BOE 4.0 client sp6 and re-installed the orcale 11g client and it seems that it does not help. Hope that there are people have this experience before that can help, thanks in advance.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member190781
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Arthur,

Do you have both 32, 64 bit Oracle clients installed? and all environment variables are updated properly?

Regards,

Sohel

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sohel,

I've installed the 32bit oracle client because from what i know BO client only support 32bit client not 64. As for the environment variables i'm not quite sure it's correct because i just leave it to oracle during the installation.

former_member190781
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Arthur,

Yes the client tools would consume 32 bit connection only however when you the server components would require 64 bit connections as its a UNX universe.

While installing Oracle client did you choose run time option or Administrator. Use Administrator option to install Oracle client. hopefully it should resolve your issue.

Regards,

Sohel

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sohel,

The server is fine, the only problem now is on the client machine. This is a good suggestion but I've tried the administrator option for Oracle installation as well and it's giving the same error. Any other suggestion?

Regards,

Arthur

former_member190781
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Arthur,

The problem is with Oracle client or its environment variables only, please try to uninstall it, cleanup registry. You can use ccleaner utlity to uninstall it completely then perform a fresh installation of Oracle client using Administrator option.

Hope it should resolve your issue. If not then please raise an incident with SAP.

Regards,

Sohel