Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pre-shipment Sampling Customer Approval process

former_member620323
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I have one requirement as-

When we send pre-shipment sample to Customer, at the time of delivery system creates Inspection lot & we record the results against that delivery. We print the Certificate, sample and certificate are send to customer.

Customer check the same sample in there Quality lab. Customer then approve the sample & their testing results send to factory.

I have to Capture their results in System.

Please suggest....

Waiting for your valuable suggestions..

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member42743
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Create a new inspection type, (you can try a variant of inspection type 10, or 89).  Assign the new inspection type the same plan usage as that used by your current inspection type 10, (assuming that's what you are using for the delivery inspection).

When the customer sends back the results, create a manual inspection lot for the sample using the new inspection type.  Since the plan usage is the same, it will utilize the same plan that was used for inspecting the outgoing delivery.

FF

former_member620323
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Is Manual Lot creation is only the better option?

While Creation of inspection lot manually, Inspection lot origin 89 is only showing.

I think Inspection lot origin is predefined in system, we cant create another one.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Manually, You can create other Inspection Lot type / origin lots apart from 89.

It requires the specific base document to be mentioned in that inspection lot. But the delivery has one inspection lot already, I fear its not possible to have another manual inspection lot with reference to same delivery.

former_member42743
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I tested it and you can't create a manual lot for inspection type 10. But you could create an special inspection type like 89CUST and map that inspection type to the same plan usage used by your inspection type 10.  Then it would use the same inspection plan.

Unless you use the long-term MICS as suggested earlier, I think a manual lot is the only other way.

FF

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes, it can't be. We can't create manual Inspection lot for Inspection lot origin 10.

So, option lies with only 89 or long term MIC.

former_member620323
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi KD & FF,

Thanx for the reply.

I created new inspection type (copy of 89) with same Usage, Defined no. ranges for this new inspection type. But when I go to defined lot origin with no. ranges, showing grey. I cant defined another origin. Then I assigned new type to lot origin 89.

When In going to create manual lot by using new type, by default system pick up inspection type 89 not new type.

I have to defined new no. ranges for that lot for Identification.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Based on the inspection type assignment to material either 89 or custom inspection type, manual inspection lot will pick the inspection type.

Unassign the inspection type 89 from that material & try.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Number ranges for specific to lot origin, but not for inspection type. Refer your thread. Number range will be assigned to Inspection lot origin in IMG - Quality Management - Quality Inspection - Inspection Lot creation - Maintain Inspection lot origins & assign inspection types.

There, number range can be assigned to only lot origin.

http://scn.sap.com/thread/3157509

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Create Inspection Plan with 2 operations. 1st operation as Internal Inspection & 2nd operation as Customer Inspection.

Assign the required set of MIC to those operations. Keep MIC as long term inspection so that even after UD, results can be entered.

former_member620323
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hI,

Same Inspection Plan is used for Pre-shipment as well as co-shipment sample scenario.

If I assigned long term MIC in 2nd operation of Inspection plan then this will reflect at the time of of Co-shipment sample.

Customer wise inspection plan is created for the related materials.

After approval of PSS, then required qty. send to the customer i.e. co-shipment sample.