cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Multiple IDOC

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have a new requirement for a file to Idoc scenario.

1) In the sender side I have records like that -

Record

Reading1

Value1

Reading2

Value2

Reading3

Value3

where Reading and value are optional ,, but there there will always be value on Reading1 and on Value1  ,,, rest are optional means value may or may not be come.

2 ) This thing have to be mapped on a Idoc whose structure is like that -

IdocHeader

Idoc

Reading

Value

Here multiple Idoc will be created depending on the value of the sender side .

Is there any UDF or something that can be applied here ? I am using 7.3 ... Please help .

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

aashish_sinha
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Apu,

If i understand you correctly, you are looking out for something like below -

1. 1 IDoc will always be generated as reading 1 and value 1 are mandatory. In case of multiple values, you want multiple IDocs should be generated. means 2 incoming record in source - 2 IDocs.

If this is the case, you have to do multimapping - 1:n. It s easy and you will not require UDF.

Regards

Aashish Sinha

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks a lot to you all for the quick response .

The problem is solved by using an UDF.

Former Member
0 Kudos

You don't need an UDF , you can directly achevie this by changing the occurance of the IDOC segment (1....unbounded) so it will allow many  IDOC segments and you should get your results.

Bhargavakrishna
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
baskar_gopalakrishnan2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You can see michal blog for doing this. Basically you need to export your target idoc as xsd and edit and reimport as explained in this blog.  This will return individual idoc for every record in the file.

http://scn.sap.com/community/pi-and-soa-middleware/blog/2005/12/04/xi-idoc-bundling--the-trick-with-...

Also dont forget to rate this blog, if you like it.  Also search scn for the same. You will find lots of discussion for the same requirement.