Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAPJVM updated but not getting effected in Instance profile

former_member193393
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello All,

I had updated the SAPJVM version on our PI 7.11 Ehp1 system i.e., from SAPJVM_VERSION 5.1.027 to 5.1.084. Deployed message appeared in JSPM and I cud see sapjvm_5.1.084 folder under /usr/sap/SID/SYS/exe/jvm/rs6000_64. But still 5.1.084 value is not getting updated in the Instance profile.

In rz10, I tried Importing profiles of active servers i.e., rz10 -> Utilities -> Import profiles -> Of active servers, but still no luck. Not getting why the new jvm version is not getting effected in Instance profile though JSPM showed that the new jvm version was successfully deployed.

Could someone pls suggest me in this regard..?

Br,

SaiGanesh.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Reagan
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hello

Provide the screen shot which shows the old version.

Did you modify the instance profile from the OS level and import it ?

Regards

RB

former_member193393
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Reagan,

Pfa ss below which shows older jvm version: 5.1.027 though jvm was updated to 5.1.084.

Moreover, why do we need to modify the instance profile from OS level..? Once JVM is updated, the same will be reflected in instance profile when we import from active servers in rz10. For testing, I just updated the jvm in our PI sandbox and did the same thing. The latest jvm version is getting updated in instance profile. Pfa ss below for sandbox.

Pls suggest.

Br,

SaiGanesh

Reagan
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hello Sai Ganesh

What is the value for the parameter DIR_SAPJVM ?

Are there any entries for SAPJVM in the Start profile ? If possible provide the contents of the all the profile parameters to see how they are called.

I suggest you to modify the parameter SAPJVM_VERSION with the correct value from the OS level and import it.

If possible restart the system and see whether the new value gets updated.

Check this SAP Note about the parameter SAPJVM_VERSION

Note 1611326 - Patching the SAP JVM 4.1 manually for NetWeaver 2004 and 7.0

Good Luck

RB

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Sai,

We have used the same way as mentioned by Reagan Benjamin. Updating in the OS level and then importing it.

I agree to your point about updating it automatically. We couldnt find any other way for the same.

Kind Regards,

Jacob

former_member193393
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Reagan,

Parameter: DIR_SAPJVM was not available in the rz10 Instance Profile. I ran the report: RSPFPAR and the value of DIR_SAPJVM is $(DIR_EXECUTABLE)$(DIR_SEP)sapjvm_5.

As we don't have any clue why the Instance Profile is not getting updated automatically, as suggested, I manually changed the value of SAPJVM_VERSION to 5.1.084.

Br,

SaiGanesh.

former_member193393
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Jacob,

As we don't have any clue why the Instance Profile is not getting updated automatically, as suggested, I manually changed the value of SAPJVM_VERSION to 5.1.084.

Thanks Reagan & Jacob.

Br,

SaiGanesh.

Reagan
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hello

The reason why I asked you to share the START and INSTANCE profiles is that I know the parameters values are picked up through Parameter Variables maintained in the profile. So based on that I can advise you how the parameter value is taken.

What I see is that the system is looking for the JVM directory here :/usr/sap/SID/DVEBMGS00/exe

Do you have a JVM folder here (/usr/sap/SID/DVEBMGS00/exe) like you mentioned earlier that you have it on /usr/sap/SID/SYS/exe/jvm/rs6000_64 ?

Regards

RB

former_member193393
Participant
0 Kudos

As we don't have any clue why the Instance Profile is not getting updated automatically, as suggested, manually changed the value of SAPJVM_VERSION to 5.1.084.

Closing the thread.

Br,

SaiGanesh

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

AtulKumarJain
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ganesh,

Please check env for java

http://scn.sap.com/thread/1917626

BR

Atul

former_member193393
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Atul,

Not an issue wid Java ENV. The attached thread is not related to my issue.

Br,

SaiGanesh

0 Kudos

Hi Ganesh,

SAPJVM is not set up in a standard way.

Under directory JSPM (and bootsratp process btw) it expects to find

../jvm/<platform/<SAPVM version> subdirectory where binaries of the latest SAPJVM utilized at JAVA cluster reside.

The directory /usr/sap/<SID>/SYS/exe is central executable location. Under that directory JSPM (and bootstrap process btw) expects to find ../jvm/<platform/<SAPVM version> subdirectory where binaries of the latest SAPJVM utilized at JAVA reside.

So a common directory would be /usr/sap/<SID>/SYS/exe/jvm/linuxx86_64/sapjvm

In case there is some /sapjvm_5.1.** on your  environment I would guess there is something off with the whole setup.

So please read carefully the attached note. Check your system profiles

for SAPJVM_VERSION parameter and check central executable directories.

In case there are any inconsistencies b/w JVM versions at profiles and

directory structure please fix them.

Once you are done start over with JSPM.

Could you please check attached note 1579119

Thank You.

Regards,

Deepika

former_member193393
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Deepika,

No issues with the JVM / JVM up-gradation. JVM up-gradation went fine and the updated JVM version is being displayed in the system information in the PI java home page.

But the same is not getting updated in the Instance Profile, even though profile has been imported in rz10. That's the only concern. I'm not getting how to get the latest version of JVM displayed in the Instance Profile.

The snote: 157911 doesn't exist.

Pls suggest.

Br,

SaiGanesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Sai,

Can you tell me whats the information it gives in System information in the Java Home Page.

Does it say new version?

Kind Regards,

Jacob

former_member193393
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Jacob,

In the system information, its displaying the upgraded jvm version (5.1.084) as below:

But the same is not getting updated in the Instance Profile. Is there any way to get the latest version updated in the Instance Profile..?

Br,

SaiGanesh