SAP for Utilities Discussions
Connect with fellow SAP users to share best practices, troubleshoot challenges, and collaborate on building a sustainable energy future. Join the discussion.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Meter Reading download issue

0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

When I tried to download meter reading order to local system, its giving me an error as below

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

WRITE_FORM_LINES is invalid, START_FORM is missing

Message no. TD443

Diagnosis

The specified function was called although no form was activated beforehand using START_FORM.

System Response

The function is ignored.

Procedure

Before you can output forms using WRITE_FORM, you must open a form with OPEN_FORM or START_FORM.

There are two main causes for this error:

1. 1. If you attempt to use a non-existing form, OPEN_FORM or START_FORM returns an exception (FORM). If the application does not respond to this exception and tries to continue printing, the system terminates.
    Check in Customizing if the required from is defined for printing and whether it exists (transaction SE71, Form Painter).
  2. 2. The error can also occur if form printing was implicitly terminated. This happens if a page does not have any subsequent page although additional data is to be printed.
    Check if all pages of your form have a subsequent page. In many cases, this entry is missing. The error then occurs if other pages are to be printed.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Please help me to Resolve this.

thanks in advance

Vipin KV

4 REPLIES 4

former_member227287
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Vipin,

It seems that there is an issue with your print form. Check if the form is activated using EFRM.

Try to activate the form and then download.

Regards,

Chandan

0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks for the reply...

I have checked the form. Its activated only.

Regards

Vipin KV

former_member206650
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi vipin,

you are using sap script(se71) and calling the script in a driver program before calling WRITE_FORM,

OPEN_FORM or START_FORM must be called

FORM OPEN_FORM."or call START_FORM"
CALL FUNCTION 'OPEN_FORM'
EXPORTING
FORM  = ' '."sap script name"
ENDFORM.

make sure that data doesn't overflow ie if the page doesn't contains more data yhat it can hold.

hope it helps.

0 Kudos

Hi Vipin,

The smartform you are using to download the MR was unable to call it Open Form  or Smart form function. Make sure the mention function was properly called in your smart form.

After calling those function thing will work, make it done with your Abap'er.

Regards,

AnUrAg.