cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Detailed Proportions: Couple of Q's

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Experts @ SAP,

I have a vague understanding of detailed proportions logic based on context help and www help but I was curious to know

Q1: Unlike in Fixed proportion why isn't there an end date proposed when I select detailed proportions option. What does this mean.

Related Questions

Q2: What will be the value of detailed proportions below where I am using key figure KF1's weekly data to calculate APODPDANT. Note that I am only allowed to specify from date and not an end date in the selection screen of MC8V when selecting the "Detailed" proportions mode.

Q3: On the same vein, could you also confirm what should be the fixed proportions value in APODPDANT for W4 to W6, given data for KF1 is stored at weekly periodicity apart from monthly, quarterly and yearly and I select the week periodicity in MC8V

CVXX below are values of char1, 2 and 3. I have only this much data in whole of demand planning. 2 key figures, 3 characteristics and only these 3 CVC's.

W1W2W3W4W5W6
CHAR1CHAR2CHAR3                     KF1              APODPDANT
                  TOTAL ALL150200250
CV11CV21CV31305075
CV12CV22CV324015050
CV13CV23CV33800125

Assume nothing else.

Assume 100% standard SAP APO.

Assume all chars are plannable. No Nav Chars.

Assume APODPDANT was BLANK at the time of running MC8V

I am testing some scenarios where I see obscure numbers and hence keen to be reassured of the arithmetic as in not a single place I found an example that could have saved tons of literature otherwise.

Many Thanks

BORAT.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

No one ?. I have not understood how the system calculates detailed proportions.