cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to print archived invoice to LOCL

0 Kudos

Hello all.

I have to create a program to retrieve a given invoice from the Archive and either print it to LOCL or send it by e-mail.

I am already able to get it from archive (table toa01), convert to PDF and send the PDF attached to the user e-mail.

But I'm having trouble sending the document to the user local printer... Does anyone know a FM where I could pass the document as a table and it asks the user where to print? Is it this easy? I really hope so.

Thanks!

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

jie
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi,

As you said that it asks user where to print,So you want to print the document in foreground,right?

Then the easist way is to display the attached PDF file in tcd:SCOT and print it actively.

Regards

Jie Bai

0 Kudos

Hi Jie,

That's a possible solution, yes, but my report is currently displaying many invoices in an ALV grid, the user wants to select a few invoices from the grid, press print, and have the invoices printed on his desk (kinda lazy, I know). As I said, I'm already able to get the selected invoices from the archive, convert them to PDF and send them by e-mail, now I need to print them, but I'm not sure if it is this easy...

Probably what I need is NOT to convert to PDF, but actually use the raw data that is taken from the archive...

Thanks a lot for your response.

jie
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hello gabriel,

I found a workaround for your issue.

http://scn.sap.com/thread/830818

Hope this helps on your query.

Thanks&Regards

Jie Bai

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

eduardo_hinojosa
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Gabriel

See note 1822569 - Not possible to display/print the output of archived billing document in VF07

I hope this helps you

Regards

Eduardo