Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Notification settings for Recipient lists

ThomasKjelsrud
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi.

We are setting up technical monitoring in solution manager 7.1 SPS7. I would like to define notification settings (such as "on-duty" and "off-duty") on the various recipient lists instead of having to maintain this for each user in the group/lists individually.

Does anyone know how (or if) this can be done?

Regards,

Thomas

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Thomas,

If you can enter Global Recipient Pool, and make changes to individual user ids, it has nothing to do with authorizations.

Unfortunately, we don't have such feature available with us, till SP8. You can perform it for one user, not the entire group.

We had a similar kind of requirement, where we needed mails to an entire group, for particular activity. We created a mailing distribution list out of SolMan, combining all the mail-ids, and assigned that common mail id, to a user in SolMan, say, solman_admin.

This was the workaround we went for.

Hope this helps.

Thanks,

Hanfi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

yes, this is posible.

Please check

Personalizing Notification Settings - SAP Documentation

for screenshots refer the personalized notification settings here

SAP Community Network Wiki - Technical Operations - TechAdm_Overview

Thanks

Jansi

ThomasKjelsrud
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Jansi.

Thank you for your reply.

I have had a look at the links you sent, but I i don't see where I can define notification settings for an entire group of receipients. I would like to maintain the timeframe for when e-mail notifications are to be sent for the group, and not for each member of the group individually. This way I could add a user to groups which may have different alert notification needs.

Regards,

Thomas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Thomas,

You can set this up, in-

SolMan_workcenter --> Solution Manager Administration --> Notification --> Global Recipient Pool Setup..

Hope that helps

Thanks,

Hanfi

ThomasKjelsrud
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Mohammad.

Unfortunately I don't find a place where I can define notification settings for the group as a whole in Global Recipient Pool. I only have the option to select each user individually by clicking the user ID and define notification settings for each user specifically.

Could it be that I am missing some authorizations?

Regards,

Thomas

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi

apart from that, check page 17. you can maintain while configuring system monitoring too.

http://wiki.sdn.sap.com/wiki/download/attachments/269157890/Setup+System+Monitoring+and+Alerting....

Thanks

Jansi