cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Out of the box feature of SAP to move error messages to error queue in 7.31

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

As per my understanding,SAP provided feature of moving any erroneous message in integration engine from processing queue to the error queue which will not hamper the processing of subsequent messages maintaining serialization.Now my question is :

1) How can we achieve this in SAP PI 7.31.Is it separate plug in or we have to do some extra coding or config to achieve this.

2) Is it only for SAP PI ?If in case message fail in SAP ECC side then how we are going to handle this situation ?

3) In case of ICO based scenario or where there is no integration engine involved,what should be option to handle this ?

4) Once failed messages moved to error queue in PI,would we get any kind of email alert and how we can resolve this ?

Are there any known drawback for using this feature ?

Thanks,

RJ

former_member607993
Contributor
0 Kudos

rajasekhar.reddy14 mark.smyth

I'm facing similar issues wherein QRFC queues are getting stucked in SMQ2 inbound queues of SAP S4H and it should be processed in EOIO sequential quality of service and ideally no abrupt data loss of cancelling or deletion of message.

Requesting you to kindly provide some inputs around the custom program in elucidate or other ways to resolve this.

Thanks in advance!

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

The error queue was one of the features annouced with SAP PI 7.3 and said to be available to downport to older version. I have been looking everywhere for it and had no success.

This is the PDF file with the TOP 5 reasons to Upgrade to PI 7.3. On page 32-33 this feature is mentioned, including the Down port to 7.0!

http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/4096a6b3-3dc3-2d10-bf87-f63d5340a...

Hope someone could give us more information about it. And if can be implemented in ECC also.

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Federico,

Pages 32-33 you mentioned are referring to EO error queues. Please check link: http://scn.sap.com/docs/DOC-11909 and chapters 4.6 - 4.8 for EO and EOIO. I think document is valid for 7.1x - 7.31. SAP Note 894509 - PI Performance Check is referring this also.

What comes to ECC part, I can not say for sure since I've not tested this myself but functionality of note 1298448 is availabe in ECC and as note also describes, you can use this on Integration Server or in the proxy application system. Also seems that other functionality related to EO and EOIO handling exists in ECC (sxmb_adm).

Cheers, Mika

marksmyth
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi RJ,

Are you referring to Forward Error Handling?

1581151 XI runtime: Selecting FEH EOIO message from queue

Regards

Mark

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mark,

I am not referring to FEH.I am looking something new feature provided by SAP or have to apply any note to get this enable in PI 7.31 version.I understand we can achieve this by writing abap or can do customization but what i was looking for out of the box provided by SAP itself.

Thanks,

Rohit

marksmyth
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Rohit,

Ok, I think I see what you are referring to now. There is some new functionality in 7.31 called EOIO Exception Handling. However, this is not yet available on general release. It is still in the pilot phase.

Regards

Mark

nitinlpatil12
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Rohit,

You need to set parameter "AE_EOIO_OPTIMIZE" under category Runtime to "1" in TCode - SXMB_ADM (Integration Engine Configuration ).

Regards,

Nitin Patil

Please reward if you find the information useful.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Mark for reply..Will wait for it

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Nitin for reply,we tried this but nothing happened..messages were still in queue..

rajasekhar_reddy14
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Rohit,

are you facing any issue in PI 7.31 with failed messages? failed message causes trouble when you deal with EOIO mode otherwise it never stops processing of other messages.

The same architecture implemented in PI7.31 tooo(my understanding) hence failure message will not create any problem.

In ECC when you deal with EOIO mode calls(IDocs / Proxy) then you can write code to move failed proxy message / IDocs to different queue so that it will not impact procesisng of messages to PI.

When ever message failed in PI then we can implement alert frame work to send an email notification.

Correct me if didnt understand your requirement.

Thank you,

Raj

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Raj,

I am talking about EOIO mode only..Sorry i forgot to mention in first place..so in case of EOIO,failure message will stop the processing of rest of the messages.So as per my understanding,SAP is providing out of the box feature or some config needs to be done to move the error message to different queue.

Thanks,

Rohit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Anyone ?

rajasekhar_reddy14
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I think new featured added in PI 7.3 to handle this issue,in ECC we can do ABAP coding to move failed messages to other queue.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Raja for response..but i am looking that feature in PI..checking sap help as well..

Former Member
0 Kudos

This is about EOIO for maintaining sequence..