cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP BASIS Learning

former_member182921
Participant
0 Kudos

While learning SAP Basis i am getting issue like when we study SAP BASIS then does the functionality changes after every release .

Where to begin  i am not getting that because even if we go for older releases the new one will have the modified functionality .

Regards ,

Abhishek

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Akshay_G
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Abhishek,

To put together a answer for your query, I would point out that, on every release of SAP Version features do change. Specifically, interfaces change, new things get added up, or for that matter new ways of doing things come up, and that is totally the point when i say, release has been changed means things have been enhanced.

But, regarding the issue you are facing or may be you think that this is an issue. Let me tell you, if you start with basics, let's say you have got study material for R/3 4.6 which is way outdated, and you are studying it sincerely, I will say that keep that doing. Because, you are not learning 4.6c instead you are understanding the concepts and principles of SAP Administration.

Once you are done with the basics, you should move on to later releases. Like for example, the TMS (Transport Management System) concepts in R/3 4.6c release are very elementary and still in the latest versions, per se ERP 6 EHP 6. Same TMS concepts apply, but now additional functionalities have been added too, like the Advanced TMS thing.

So if you got the basics right, you can build your way up.

You got to start somewhere, right?

If you have got access to resources for older releases, studying them and then moving to new releases should not be an issue. However if you can directly get hands on later releases it would be great, but still you must have got your Basics right, and if that means picking it up from older releases. And one more thing I would like to add, innovation/change/advancement is a bread 'n' butter for SAP. So you will have to adapt and keep moving up my friend to catch up with the technology and latest advancements at SAP.

I hope this answers your doubts.

Regards,

Akshay.

former_member182921
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks Akshay for valuable feedback .

AtulKumarJain
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Abhishek,

What do you mean by functionality?

You can go through TADM10,TADM12 .

Once you finish these book ,your basic of basis will be clear .

And it is obvious that ,there will be some change and some new functionlity with new relaese of sap.

Because it requird with this innovative  and fast  changing world.

Best Regards,

Atul