cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP user account

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

Is there any way that i can keep a user's password as "never expire" in SAP.

Our requirment is that we want our generic Admin account to have the password that never expires.

Please suggest.

Thanks in Advance

Regards,

SG

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Saurabh

Password change policy applies on all users as far as i know there is no possibility to add exception

service user has some limitations and it is not recommended as Deepak said

Sriram2009
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi SG

As per Deepak you have to follow the password change policy it’s highly recommended by SAP.     My comments were for your requirement as "password never expire" in SAP for that you can use the user id type service and very restricted authorizations(not in admin access), to do that you execute  T-code SU01 go to logon data - select   "user type" and the press F1 you will get the help screen in that you can see Service S.

Kindly go thru the below screen shot.

Thanks & Regards

Sriram

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Deepak, Sriram and  Jawwad.

It is clear to me now and i will use it according to my requirement.

Thanks again for your valuable advice

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Sriram and Deepak

That means i have to set a new user to Service user as i cannot set my admin user to service user.

If i am not wrong i cannot even login with service user as it is used for internal purposes.

Thanks!!!

SG

Former Member
0 Kudos

you can login with service user initial password and expiration of passwords are not checked for service user and multiple logon is also allowed,and user himself cannot change password.

it is recomended to assign only limited access to service user.

former_member188883
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Saurabh,

If i am not wrong i cannot even login with service user as it is used for internal purposes.
With Service user you can login like other dialog users. You may perform the transactions like other dialog users. There are some restrictions for service user in many of the transactions  as compare to dialog user.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Deepak Kori

Sriram2009
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

For this you can create the user id type 'service' for your refernece i have attached the screen shot below

Thanks & Regards

Sriram

former_member188883
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Saurabh,

You cannot have an admin user id for which password never expires when you have set password change policy .

With Service user there are certain restrictions in the behaviour of transactions and hence not recommended to define Admin user as user type service.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Deepak Kori