cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Combining multiple BAPIs

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am developing an iOS native application where I need to fetch data from multiple BAPIs and display it on a screen. Right now I am fetching data from BAPIs one by one. which is time consuming and in turn slowing the application response.

Is it possible to combine multiple BAPIs in one MBO so that they will fetch data simultaneously from the SAP backend. Please guide me for the same. A sample code or document would be very helpful.

Thanx in advance!

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

DoanManhQuynh
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I think all business logic should be complete at back end, on device you just show the data, control screen flow .... So combind your 2 BAPi in back end would be better .

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

vikas2
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Theoretically you can : By wrapping the required BAPIs in a single RFC FM and use it to create a MBO.However, I don't see any practical reason why will you do that ? If data from a single BAPI is required, why will you like to call other code as well ?

Further, if you want to partition your object graph to get related objects, it can be done by sync and cache groups.

midhun_vp
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

As mentioned you can't create single MBO with multiple BAPI's. You have to make use of Cache Groups and Sync Groups to manage multiple MBO update. This would satisfy your requirement.

- Midhun VP

Jitendra_Kansal
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Rohit,

if you have more than one BAPI then create more than 1 mbo.

i mean, for i bapi there is only 1 mbo.

you cant combine multiple bapis in one single mbo.

if any relationship persists between 2 mbos then do so.

Regards,

Jitendra