cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wireless certificate causing login problems

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello all

Not sure if I'm going to describe this clearly but here we go.

We have a Frontend -> Portal -> Backend (ECC 6) setup. All fair and well, but there seems to be a problem being caused by a certificate issued by the domain authority on the frontend (user workstations). It happens to be a certificate for conection to the wireless network and I cant find out where to validate it automatically. Each time the user is prompted for login with credentials for the backend ECC 6 system.

Does this sound like anything you've had to do with. The network guy reckons I will need to provide a certificate for every user frontend IE.

Regards

Ray Phillips

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

achmad_dimyati5
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Raymond,

I don't think so the wireless connection has thing to do with this issue. But to make sure could you try to login with cable, do you still have an issue?

I think the issue is SSO configuration from Portal to ECC. Could you configure the SSO?

Regards,

Achmad

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello

It does appear to be the wireless certificate.It isnt that the user community is operating on wireless, it's just that this certificate gets passed through the chain (browser -> portal -> ECC/BI backend) and at the backend it prompts for credentials. Why I think it is this certificate is that we tested on a few frontends. When we remove the certificate from the browser content the credentials arent prompted for.

Regards

Ray Phillips

achmad_dimyati5
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Raymond,

Could you confirm regarding this certificate. Is this 802.1X security type?

Also what type of network authentication method has been configured in the Windows network connection?

Do you have SPNEGO Activated for Portal login? Do you use LDAP users or ABAP Reference. I think this authentication has mess around the SSO ticket

This is just idea. If the user has to put username & password, could you install SAP Webdispatcher in the front of Portal? IF you use SPNEGO or third-party Single-Sign On, maybe this webdispatcher won't solve the issue.

Regards,

Achmad

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello All

I'll tell you what we did to sort it out. We changed the lgon sequence for the service in SICF. Not sure if that is the most elegant way to go about iut but it sorted out our immediate problem.

Thansk - Ray

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Raymond,

If I understood you need import these certificates on Certificate Directory in Internet Options.

Also we have a Profiles Parameters that are configured at Transaction RZ10.

Below some links that can be useful.

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/62/831640b7b6dd5fe10000000a155106/content.htm

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_gateway20sp02/helpdata/en/d3/41c8ecb31d11d5993800508b6b8b11/content.htm

Rgards,

Mike