SAP for Retail Discussions
Join conversations about personalization, omnichannel strategies, and operational excellence in retail using SAP for Retail software.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sales Set BOM on Stock Transport Order Delivery

former_member348835
Participant
0 Kudos

A sales set bill-of-material (BOM) explodes in a stock transport order (STO), when the order item is entered.

The subsequent delivery contains the header article. Can this be set up to contain the items instead?

Can a solution be selected or developed in e.g. transaction VTLA > Item > Item data?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

eduardo_hinojosa
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

Please, see these notes

SAP Note 323491 - Customizing in the environment of structured articles

SAP Note 910401 - No multilevel bills of material in Retail

Check also the document "Structured Article Maintenance in SAP ERP" by Bernhard Bittermann in this link: http://scn.sap.com/docs/DOC-2087

I hope this helps you

Regards

Eduardo

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

eduardo_hinojosa
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

Please, see these notes

SAP Note 323491 - Customizing in the environment of structured articles

SAP Note 910401 - No multilevel bills of material in Retail

Check also the document "Structured Article Maintenance in SAP ERP" by Bernhard Bittermann in this link: http://scn.sap.com/docs/DOC-2087

I hope this helps you

Regards

Eduardo

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sune,

Can you please help to know if you designed any custom solution or were able to achieve this requirement through standard config?

We have same requirement where we want to integrate the process with SAP WM and create Transfer orders for components.

Best regards,

Mayuresh

0 Kudos

Originally I asked: The subsequent delivery contains the header article. Can this be set up to contain the items instead?

Simply said, the answer is "no". You cannot manage a delivery with components as issue articles and the BOM header as the receipt article. That is, you must either:

1. receive the components and collect them in the store site
  2. collect the components in the distribution center and issue the header article

No hybrid solutions existed during our investigation in 2013. We ended up by making some very company specific distribution center settings.

0 Kudos

Thank You for your response.

Our problem lies in point 2 in your response.

The Distribution Centre is warehouse managed. SAP R/3 WM.

The stock is available at component level in Inventory Management and Warehouse Management both.

But since the outbound delivery against STO has only header article and no stock exist for it, we cannot prepare a transfer order for picking.

I have opened another thread to seek answer but have not received any solution.

Best regards,

Mayuresh