cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IDoc Connection issue From Non-Unicode SAP R/3 to PI 7.3 single stack

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Guys,

Could you please guide me, How to push the IDoc from SAP R/3 to PI 7.3 Single stack system using IDoc_AAE adapter tRFC connection. Since SAP R/3 system is non unicode system and PI as unicode system. So i faced the issue while pushing the IDoc to PI, we got error in SM58 "IDoc exception occured", and PI error log shows Metedata unavailable for advanced segments.

The same setup successfuly working for SAP Unicode system. But we faced Non unicode system. Please guide me if any additional setup need to be carried out for Non-unicode system?

Thanks & Regards

Vijayakumar S

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vijay,

It don't seems to be problem with Uni-code. Goto Metadata monitor in NWA and try reloading the IDOC metadata from SAP system.

Thanks

Rakesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Rakesh,

While reloading we got an error "Exception occured when loading IDoc metadata.  Communication failure while connecting to current PI component".

Regarding this we are using TRFC connection from SAP. So no need for PI user credentials. From PI we are using R/3 credentials to connect RFC destination. XI_IDOC_DEFAULT_DESTINATION

If any thing missing please let me know. The same setup working fine with other SAP system which is Unicode.

Thanks & Regards

Vijayakumar S

Bhargavakrishna
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Vijay,

I don't think it is the problem with uni-code.

Please check in PI, whether IDOC meta data has been successfully loaded or not?

Go to IDX2 and see..

Regards

Bhargava krishna.