cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Communication between 2 WDA components

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I got a requirements where in View1 of Component1 there are two radiobuttons with IDs rd1 and rd2.In the second component component2,in view2 there is a button Save.

Based on the radiobutton selected in component 1 the text property of button need to change in component 2.

Can I get the reference of RD1 in second component direclty using component usage concept.Please help me out.

Thanks,

Vanaja.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (7)

Answers (7)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks all the issue was ressolved:)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vanaja,

Can you please mark your question as answered to remove it from not answered list..

Thanks,

Vishu Agarwal

Former Member
0 Kudos

then make this thread answered.

is not any one/more of above replies helped you?

m_aravindan
Active Participant
0 Kudos
Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vanaja,

You can use any one of the following steps to get the radio button selected in the second component.

1. Create the context node to be binded to the radio button in the component controller level and mark it as interface node in the node properties.

2. In the used component property of the second component provide the name of the first component as the used component.

3. In the property tab of the view, create a controller usage for the component 1. Go to the context tab of the view and choose the interface controller on the right hand side it will list all the interface node of the component one. Drag and drop the context node to the view context.

4, Read the context node in the doinit or where ever you want you will get the value of radio button selected in the first view.

Or.

Create an interface method in the component one and write the code so as to read the value in the context node and return or export the value.

Create the compoenent usage in the second component and call the interface method of the used component.

Best Regards,

Arun Krishnamoorthy

sahai
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Did you mean that there are two seperate WDA components in your WDA comments and you are using the two by declaring them in the used interface of the component?

If yes , then you can get the value of the first node in the other componet by the following:

1) Making the node in first component as INTERFACE

2) Pass the value using the Outbound plugs using Parameters

3) Use the assistance class for passing the values.

If you are simply using two views in a single WDA component and want to pass the value set in second view.

Declare node in Component Controller and this will make the node global throughout the WDA component.

Let me know if you need any further clarifications on this.

Thanks and Regards,

Shitanshu Sahai

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes using interface node concept.You should be binding radio button to one context node right which can be accessed in the other component through interface node .

Thanks

Bala Duvvuri

sergiu_popa
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Vanaja,

You do not need the reference of RD1 in the second component.

You have to bind the radio buttons you use to context attribute(s). Once the radio buttons are binned to the context attribute, then you can use component usage and the interface controller to retrieve the information you need.

Best regards,

Sergiu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vanaja,

You can very well use the concept of events in this. Create an interface event in Comp1 and make this component as the used component in Comp2.

On click of radio button fire this event.

So in your case on Radio button 1 you can fire your event and send a text with value R1. When you select radio button 2 pass R2.

The event handler of this event will be created in comp2.

In that event handler check what is the value of the passed text and bind whatever text you want to the button.

I hope its clear. Ask in case of any query.