cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Solman 7.1 Clone Finder

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All

We are trying to derive the value from Clone Finder in Custom Code Management.The problem we face is that we are unable to analyze the custom code(clone finder) for our ECC system, when I run the clone finder it only gives me the custom objects present in my Solution Manager System.

Kindly advice how can i run this clone finder for any of ecc system?? wheat parameters should i enter?

Secondly is there any confiuration i have to make to use this tool ?

Regards

Sidra Hasan

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

clone finder is designed to use in the managed system itself, you can run the tcode in any managed system not only ECC,

Clone finder is not intended for Solution manager system, until unless you want to find the clone program in solman itself.

either compare your custom code with SAP or use RFC compare.

refer here http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y8Gti_RSFII

https://websmp103.sap-ag.de/~sapidb/011000358700000393242011E

Thanks

Jansi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Jansi

If this clone finder needs to be run for each managed system separately, will you please tell me what possible ways could i details of my custom code in my managed system through solution manager ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

yes, the use case something like, if you want to test the clone of particular system, run the clone finder on the system, but you can either use target as SAP or any other system by specifying RFC,

we are also exploring more on this, as of now, i am not much into this custom code analysis tools in sdf_Cca.

you can get the details, the guide attached.

But other than that, solman has other powerful custom code support tools like CDMC, CCLM.

Have you tried out. you can get the details under http://service.sap.com/rkt-solman -> custom code managment

Thanks

Jansi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey thanks Jansi

I see that when i run the txn cclm i found CDMC option there and it offers clearing analysis there. Clearing analysis is the offering of CDMC .. what actual CCLM offers ??

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

cclm basically provides details of your custom programs centrally, from the date it created, quality of the program , how often get it used, all the info you can get until code get retired.

or based on usage result , you can retire the program.

Its kind of complete transperency of the custom code programs in your entire company landscape.

You can find more on the link  I attached,

Please check

Regards

Jansi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Jansi

Can you please provide some link how to configure CCLM ? systems to monitor in CCLM ?

Regards

Sidra

SG_D033660
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

please check SAP note 1547234 - Technical configuration of Custom Code Lifecycle Management to get started with CCLM in SM 7.1..

Regards,

Sylke

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Graupner

When I am uploading the zip file, nothing is added in library, can u plz guide me?

Regards

Sidra

Answers (0)