cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Back Order Processing and Rescheduling

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Friends,

Could someone give me an explaination of back order processing and rescheduling ? Please try providing examples of some scenarios involoved..

Greatfully

Mahesh...

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mohan,

Thanks for your respose. Like you said I created 2 sales orders for two different customers for the same material. For the 1st customer the ordered quantity is confirmed at the required delivery date. For the 2nd customer it is confirmed at a later date. Now I want to do back order processing using V_RA. and reschedule confirmed quantity for the 2nd customer from the 1st.When I ran V_RA, for for the relevant sales order and clicked 'back orders' button I see the whole ATP situation for the material including the 1st and 2nd sales orders. How do I change here the confirmed quantity from the 1st sales order to 2nd sales order ? on the top of the screen, I see a button 'change confirmation'. will that help ? Can you plz explain ?

Regards

Mahesh.

Former Member
0 Kudos
Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

V_RA is used for Back order Processing.

V_R1, V_R2 are used for List of Backorders.

BACK ORDER PROCESSING

Its nothing but processing a backorder.

It itself contains a sales order which is not confirmed full and it may be a sales order which is not confirmed at a certain delivery date.

RESCHEDULING

Its is a proposal wherein the confirmed quantities which are already assigned to sales orders can be reassigned to other orders which are having high priority.

Mohan

Award points if it adds information.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Backorder processing is a functionality in SAP where you can change the committments and over-ride the blockage of stocks

marked against sales documents/deliveries. For e.g. you receive an order from a very important customer for material "A" but

the entire quantity of A is committed to another customer "B" via earlier sales orders and this is where BACKORDER processing helps you to change the committment and shift stock due for B to A. This is the benefit of this funtionality.

OMIH - Checking rule for updating backorders

OPJL - Define new checking rule

OPJJ - Define scope of check

V_RA - Backorder Processing

Data selection:-

Sold-to-party Customer code Mandatory

Sales Organization Mandatory

Distribution Channel Mandatory

Division Mandatory

Changed confirmed quantity :-

Tick the material you want to changed and click the Backorder button

Confirmed quantity that still can be changed are highlighted.

V.15 - Backorder List

Sales Organization Mandatory

Distribution Channel Mandatory

Division Mandatory

Mohan

Award points if it adds information.