cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

item category mismatch issue

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear all,

My user have raised SO where it has item cat ZTB5 but when he raised delivery doc with ref to that particular SO system automatically triggering TAXT item category...

Now my issue is system is not allowing me to cancel the delivery document...when i try to delete the line item system is throwing an error saying batch split in delivery is not allowing me to delete the document......please suggest...stock got stuck in that document...if i delete then only that stock i can use for some other document....

Why system is not allowing me to delete....

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

former_member182378
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Vijay,

Could you please check the item category in the delivery; is it TATX (present in standard SAP; Text item) or is it TAXT?

former_member184881
Active Participant
0 Kudos

hi,

First check your delivery document status, if you completed PGI, batch Document & Picking then you need to first Reverse PGI by VL09 and remove picking, batch documents.

Create ZTB5 Item category from TAN standard item category by copy.

Check your sales order item category (ZTB5) for Assign (SPRO => Sales & Distribution => Sales => Sales Documents=>value Contract =>Assign Item category),

create a delivery item category ZTB5 copy from TAN standard item category.

Check you delivery Item category assign by T-code: 0184 (Delivery Item Category Determination)

Use t-code: VTLA (Order to delivery copying control) to copy delivery use Target delivery type (LF) = From SalesDoc Type (OR)

Then delivery will take ZTB5 item category in line item.

thanks

Md. Enayet Hossain

moazzam_ali
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

I would like to add in Shiva and Sai's post that please check your Item category determination how system has determined TAXT. TAXT is not a standard item as I didnt see this in my system. I think someone has played with your item categories stermination. Check your configuration also.

For deleting line item from delivery please confirm have you done PGI or not? If yes then reverse in VL09 first then go to batch split screen and delete all line items and at the end delete main item from delivery over view screen.

Thank$

former_member184080
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Vijay,

Generally, system shouldn't pick up different Item category in delivery document. Are you facing this problem first time? Have you moved any recent enhancements to Production system? Have you tested in QAS, if so whats the results in your quality or Sandbox.

Now, coming to item deletion your DO, ensure that you don't have any subsequent documents or steps for that delivery ( Like PGI or Invoice)

Second, go to the line item, you can see ( + )as batch split exists. Expand that, delete the batch split items first and then delete the main item.

See the screenshot:

Let me know if you still face the issue.

Regards, Sai Krishna

former_member182378
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Sai,

I liked the part -

Have you tested in QAS, if so whats the results in your quality or Sandbox.

Thank you for it!

Shiva_Ram
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

.when i try to delete the line item system is throwing an error saying batch split in delivery is not allowing me to delete the document

Double click on the error message and find what is the error message number. Can you post what the number is?

On the batch split screen, remove the batch numbers, then delete the delivery and try again.

Regarding changing of item category in sales order upon creation of the delivery, it looks an user exit is used to change the item category. Check with an ABAP'er who can help with this.

Regards,