cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GTS Questions

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I have been learning about GTS and its functionalities. I will be implementing GTS 10.1 and have a few questions.  Greatly appreciate your help...

1.  Can GTS screen the customer and vendor master?

2.  What is the best practice for GTS setting: System Response in Feeder System if SAP GTS Fails? 

3.  Can materials be created in GTS?  If so, how?

4.  I read that business partners can be created in GTS.  What are the meanings when creating BP as a person/organization/group?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

andreas_lied
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hello Olympia,

short answers to your questions:

1) Yes, of course.

2) That depends. We didn't set it to bypass compliance-check, if GTS is found not responding (which didn't happen in 9 years). But this is possibel. The problem is: Users are not aware of GTS being inactive. Their sales process is free and no blocks occur. Best would be to program a pop-Up, when GTS is found inactive.

3) No. Why should they? GTS is not a MDM-system.

4) The effect this makes is not clear for me. I always use organizations for setting up organizational elements like FtOrg, Customs offices, a.s.o.

Former Member
0 Kudos

This message was moderated.

former_member215337
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Olympia,

As Andreas Told, I accpet with them and also for question

2.  What is the best practice for GTS setting: System Response in Feeder System if SAP GTS Fails?

In the control settings for System Reaction : Output Dailog in SAP GTS --- If we check this, system will give a pop-up window Examples:  that Some Partner is missing or Document is blocked or License is missing etc.,

So this thing will happen when you maintain the Value (A) in the above said field. If you maintain blank in this field even if GTS System fails, the system behaviour will be like it will allow to create the subsequent documents furhter.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

This message was moderated.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Olympia,

1) The GTS system will screen not only the customers and vendors but also all the business partners that been transferred. even up to contact person.

2) In ECC system at the GTS section (GTS Plug-in). There is a control setting .

Whenever there is document created in ECC , Sales Order or  Delivery type to specify the "System Response in Feeder System if SAP GTS fails".  Choices are:

• Subsequent process allowed and

• Subsequent process not allowed, Document can be posted.

Depending on the requirement any one can be selected.

3) It was allowed in some previous versions of GTS , As per the current versions we can only use the products created and transferred from legacy systems.

4) When you create a partner as Person from BP the role of the business partner will be identified as Individual ex :Employee ,Contact person..etc.

When you create a partner as Organization from BP the role of the business partner will be identified as Organization level ex :FTO ,Legal unit..etc.

The functions for persons, organizations, and groups are dependent on the partner functions that you define in your Customizing settings.

Thanks & Regards

Karthi