SAP for Utilities Discussions
Connect with fellow SAP users to share best practices, troubleshoot challenges, and collaborate on building a sustainable energy future. Join the discussion.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Recon key transfer of migrated documents

former_member190606
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

If legacy docs are already transferred to ERP, what is to be done with the recon keys of these migrated documents. Transferring them would result in duplicate entries in ERP. I would like to know how typically they are handled

Also, if a client has only 10-20 docs for migration, what would be the suggested method? EMIGALL or manual posting.

Many Thanks in advance!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

AmlanBanerjee
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Adil,

I would recommend you to transfer the reconciliation keys containing the data for the migrated documents in to the ERP System and then pass a journal entry in your ERP System to negate those entries.

This will ensure that your FI-CA (Sub-ledger) and FI (GL) entries are in sync in terms of transferring the reconciliation keys.

An alternate approach would be exclude these reconciliation keys during the normal transfer through FPG1 and maintain it as variant and ensure that the same variant is used for future transfers .

However, my preference would be the first one.

With regards to your second question, I think a one-off manual posting would be fine if you are to migrate only a few (10-20) documents.

Hope it helps..

Thanks,

Amlan

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

AmlanBanerjee
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Adil,

I would recommend you to transfer the reconciliation keys containing the data for the migrated documents in to the ERP System and then pass a journal entry in your ERP System to negate those entries.

This will ensure that your FI-CA (Sub-ledger) and FI (GL) entries are in sync in terms of transferring the reconciliation keys.

An alternate approach would be exclude these reconciliation keys during the normal transfer through FPG1 and maintain it as variant and ensure that the same variant is used for future transfers .

However, my preference would be the first one.

With regards to your second question, I think a one-off manual posting would be fine if you are to migrate only a few (10-20) documents.

Hope it helps..

Thanks,

Amlan

0 Kudos

Hi All,

SAP highly recommends to transfer the reconciliation keys to the GL and post a manual clearing posting in GL. Otherwise it might happen that your migrated documents (open items) get blocked for further processing. I believe there is no way out

To comment on your second question, if better post the few documents manually or using the ISMW: it depends how often you need to "migrate" the few documents and this not only for production migration but also during mock migration cycles. It might also be that you want to post documents in the past what is possible only during automated data migration (ISMW) but not with a dialog transaction.

Kind regards,

Fritz