cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

VL10A Issue (item from different shipping point coming in when the selected shipping point is different)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I am having a strange issue here.

I have created a sales order for two items 10 & 20 (item 10 is a single level BOM with 2 components & item 20 is a normal item). Item 10's delivery plant is US10 (Shipping Point US10) and item 20's delivery plant is US20 (shipping point US20).

I am trying to create the delivery for this sales order in VL10A with the selection criteria as shipping point US20 only. but when the delivery document is being created (in dialogue), only line item 10 (Sales BOM) is appearing in the delivery without any other items.

This is weird, line item 10's shipping point is US10 but still its coming in the VL10A delivery document when the VL10A selection criteria is only for shipping point US20. the delivery document should have reflected only item 20 whose shipping point was US20

Pls help.

Thanks,

Siddhant

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos
Former Member
0 Kudos

Great! Thanks for Sharing.

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi ALL,

I have found the answer for this. Please take note of this for your future reference in case you stumble upon a similar issue.

This weird behavior of system happens when your BOM item category of the parent material has a copying requirement of 102 (Item w/o transport) at the item level copying control from your sales order to delivery.

Please see the attached image below.

The requirement 102 does not check the shipping point of the material as its treated as W/O transport. therefore when you run VL10A in DIALOGUE (Foreground) mode or VL01N for sales order shipping ;point "B" when there is this BOM material for shipping point "A" along with the other normal materials with Shipping Point "B" in that single order, the system ignores the shipping point check for this BOM item and the delivery picks up the BOM item by the logic whereas it should have picked up only those items which had the shiping point "B" asour selection criteria for VL10A & VL01N was only for shipping Point "B".

SOLUTION: 

To correct this kind of behavior, please replace the copying requirement 102 with 101 (item) in the item level of copying control from sales order to delivery which will properly check the shipping point of that particular item and the system would behave as expected.

Thanks,

Siddhant

Former Member
0 Kudos
Yes I am absolutely sure of that. I tested it further and found that the problem comes when a sales BOM item from a different shipping point is present in the order BEFORE a normal item of my intended shipping point.   For example, my sales order has the Sales BOM item at line item 10 for shipping point US05 and then a normal item ZTAN is present on line item 20 for shipping point US22.   Now when I run VL10A and select the shipping point US22 as my selection criteria and execute in dialogue foreground mode, that time this US05 sales BOM is appearing in the delivery where my US22 ZTAN item only should have appeared. But this ZTAN item is not appearing.  When I changed the sequence of the line items I.e. the US22 ztan item on line item 10 and the US05 sales BOM on line item 20 in the sales order, then the VL10A foreground works perfecrly.  This is strange. This is a SAP problem I guess because the dialogue mode in VL10A uses the old VL01N program and the background processing uses a different and new program for creating deliveries.  I will have to raise an OSS message for this one.   PLEASE SUGGEST
Former Member
0 Kudos

hi Alan,

i checked in SU01 and there is no default value maintained for the user parameter VST (Shipping Point) . However both the users have WRK i.e. plant maintained as US22. please see the screenshot below for the user profiles for both the users.

The thing is, they are using the shipping point US22 (Which is assigned to plant US22) only as the selection criteria in VL10A because they do not have authorization to run the VL10A with any other shipping point than US22. so ideally in VL10A FOREGROUND, the material which is to be shipped from US22 must appear but the opposite is happening. the material tied to the different shipping point is being picked and the US22 material is not picked. this is happening only in foreground. the background logic is behaving correctly.

Pls advice

Former Member
0 Kudos

You sure Sales order item is correct shipping point filled in ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

still no answer for my query

The VL10A background processing logic works perfectly but the foreground (DIALOGUE) logic is working incorrectly.

I create a sales order for two materials with different shipping points. for example, item 10 is a BOM with 2 components (the components are available in stock) with shipping point US10 and Line item 20 is a normal item (in stock) with shipping point US20.

Now, both these items have the same delivery date. I want to create the delivery for the item 20 (standard Item) and i go to VL10A and enter the selection parameter as US20 shipping point and the date calculation rule blank (delivery creation upto the maximum number of days) and i execute it in FOREGROUND (DIALOGUE) mode.

The delivery should ideallt show me only the line item 20 in it (as my selection criteria was only for shipping point US20) but it shows me the first line item 10 BOM material (without its components) instead of the line item 20 (Normal item).

Please help as this is a weird issue. the same logic works fine in BACKGROUND mode but in DIALOGUE the system behaves differently.

Thanks,

Siddhant

Former Member
0 Kudos

Check if you have defined a user-specific default value for the shipping point in the user parameter VST.