Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Configure new sale scenario

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear all,

We have a sale scenario.

FG material send to transporter premises.FG material send to transporter on base of Performa invoice.

Actual delivery(PGI) and commercial invoice (Accounting entries) done when transported confirm delivery at customer place.

Please suggest.

Regards

Kumar

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (6)

Answers (6)

former_member184065
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear,

FG material send to transporter premises.FG material send to transporter on base of Performa invoice.

Actual delivery(PGI) and commercial invoice (Accounting entries) done when transported confirm delivery at customer place.

In Normal ( in every company ) Process,When we save the Invoice document then we need to take that printout and give that to Transporter before we need to take his sign on one print out for Proof of submitted the Goods to transporter and will give one printout him. The transporter will  carry on with that Printout and take the sign from Customer for proof .

1. How ,we know ,the transporter submitted the Goods to Customer ?

2.How the customer ,will inform you as he got the goods from TR or not ?

3. Who will create the PGI and Invoice at Customer Place ( is it Transporter ) ?

Note : I like this very much why because We can avoid so some things in delivery level .What is that is,If the customer accepted all goods from customer then we can create PGI for all materiels and Invoice .If not then we can reduce the quantity in delivery level and do PGI and invoice .So,we can reduce return process also .But ,these all things can done by telephonic conversation only .

When TR submitted GD to customer then he will tell you ,he wants all or not then the TR needs to call to management and tells the how much ,he accepted then the management will send the Invoice to TR and he submit .So,finally ,The TR need to have the some electronic device to give the Printout whatever management sent to TR .

If you have any doubts please let me know .

Thanks,

Naren

former_member216388
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Mukul,

1) You could have the transporter as a forwarding agent(CR) in the customer master.

2)  After creating the sales order and delivery you would need to create shipping doc(this will have a seperate pricing procedure) for this, which will have transportation cost and this document would be sent to the forwarding agent seperately.

3) You should have POD activated for your ship to party in the customer shipping tab to take care of proof of delivery from the customer.(transaction code VLPOD) . If you search a little you will get complete details on POD.

I hope this helps.

Regards

Madan Shetty

former_member184080
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Mukul,

May I know who will pay the money? Are you going to create commercial Invoice on customer name or Transporter name?

Have you tried POD (proof of delivery concept).  Check if that can be useful to your scenario.

Check the link for POD concept.

http://scn.sap.com/docs/DOC-27487

If this is not suitable then you can think of consignment process. But this is more useful when you don't know who is the actual customer till the time your consignment customer creates the order.

So, please validate both the options and proceed.

Regards, Sai Krishna.

former_member182378
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

MUKUL,

In addition to questions by Sai, could you please inform, when a sales order is created (goods landing in the premises of the transporter) what is the SH customer entered?

And what is the delivering plant entered?

When the goods reach the premises of the transporter, is the customer already known?

Please explain each step -

Goods going from.....going to; then going from....then going to

Customer - who is paying

How does the transporter convey (mode of communication) to the company, that the goods have been reached the customer?

former_member186385
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can use the standard Consignment process for this

create the transporter as customer and create the consignment fill up using KB

And use KE consignment issue when transporter confirms the delivery to end customer

Consignment Fill - KB

Consignment issue -KE

Consignment Return- KR

Consignment Pick up- KA

regards,

santosh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Santosh,

Thanks for replay.

Yes we thought that we can configure standerd consignment process.

But company required that process only that i written in my post.

Regards'

Kumar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Mukul

Please can you explain us your requirement in detail,

Looks to me a standard process except additional process at delivery level, If I understood your requirement as scenario requires to avoid hitting COGS account before it reaches the final customer.

You can achieve this by maintaining a different storage location for Transporter.

Regards

Malik

former_member216388
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Mukul,

1) You could have the transporter as a forwarding agent(CR) in the customer master.

2)  After creating the sales order and delivery you would need to create shipping doc(this will have a seperate pricing procedure) for this, which will have transportation cost and this document would be sent to the forwarding agent seperately.

3) You should have POD activated for your ship to party in the customer shipping tab to take care of proof of delivery from the customer.(transaction code VLPOD) . If you search a little you will get complete details on POD.

I hope this helps.

Regards

Madan Shetty