cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Master Data Management

Former Member
0 Kudos

Can anyone tell me some metrics which can be used to measure the effectiveness of MDM that has been implemented in an organization. I am looking for effectiveness metrics....

Additionally, i would like to know the industry benchmarks for these metrics? What is the best in class and what is a laggard?

Pl help.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

bglobee
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

Effectiveness depends on the benefits that the Business and IS Management reaping out of MDM. Factors that you are looking at might vary.

If you are looking at some numbers:

1. How many users are accessing the MDM systems.

2. What are the service lines in Business that is using MDM?

3. How many issues are reported (business data inconsistency, MDM platform stability issues, etc.,)

calculating the ROI for MDM alone wont be easy as it is not a OLTP system. These are kind of business enabler functions.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Radhika,

Answer to your question depends on the way one looks at it.

Please specify what exactly you are looking for.

Thanks,

Ravi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Radhika,

MDM is to serve as the central repository where we can consolidate information from many different sources.  MDM is purchased to give a repository which holds information about everything in landscape.  Portal is connected where users can access all master data (employee,material,vendor,customer,etc) information at one place which would be connected through MDM.

Most organizations purchase MDM to serve as a new data consolidation point and it has been quite effective in that sense for my client. Cost cutting is certainly not the purpose of purchasing MDM for most organziations.

Hope this information is helpful. Please let us know if any queries/concerns.

Regards,

Ali