cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Where does the "Likes" column come from?

former_member188493
Contributor
0 Kudos

The list of a community's discussions shows the following columns: Title, Author, Likes, Bookmarks, Replies, Views and Latest activity.

In the list for the SAP Sybase SQL Anywhere community the "Likes" column shows zero for all the discussions, in spite of the fact that I have clicked "Like" inside more that one discussion, and the green "Liked" number shows 1.

I have also clicked on the BookFace "Like" icon, and clicked "Exceptional" on the Rating, and clicked "Like" on all the replies.

Is this a spam prevention thing? (doubt it)

Or an artifact of batch processing? (probably not)

Or am I missing something obvious? (always a good bet)

Or does one have to be liked first, in order to like someone else? ...well, that would kinda mimic real life

UPDATE: Clicking on "Like" doesn't just make the green "Liked" number go up by 1, it also seems to instantly increase the author's "Lifetime Points" by 2, so I don't think there's any deep issue here.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

0 Kudos

Hi Breck,

This column for 'Likes' is actually meant for blogs and documents. The 'Likes' you see under the column are meant for the number of Likes below the Bookmark. If you go to the Blogposts and Documents in any space, consider SAP Sybase SQL Anywhere itself, you can find the number of likes for them in the corresponding column.

SAP Sybase SQL Anywhere Documents

SAP Sybase SQL Anywhere Blogs

Also it is meaningful to highlight the likes in blogs and documents as they are contributions by the author. You can also find the 'Top Liked Content' in the SCN Home page http://scn.sap.com/welcome

It doesn't make much sense to like the discussions and highlight them as the author is at the receiving end. Hence awarding points when the discussion is liked, is not usual and doesn't happen often.

Good that you have pointed this out  

This could be as per the design of SCN which has made a generic view for the list of discussions, blogs and documents. Since the number of 'Likes' for discussion are not meaningful, it would have just been disabled and shown as 0.

, hope you can throw more light on this. If this feature to 'Like' the discussion post that awards points to the author is supposed to be disabled, then you can consider this point.

Also read What's Not To Like? by

Thanks & Best Regards,

Leon