cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Exit, BAdI, FM for Change the Originals name of document

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi everybody,

Is there any user exit, BAdI, FM or other ways to change originals name of document?

In-fact I want to make a program based on document name, type , version etc.. for change the name of originals automatically when they check in.

Thanks

Habib

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

christoph_hopf
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Habib,

from DMS point of view you can find all DMS related BADIs by using transaction SE18 and searching for classic BADI with term "DOCUMENT*".

This will list up all DMS BADI which start all with "DOCUMENT_....". From my point of view the best suiting BADIs for your goal would be DOCUMENT_FILES01 or DOCUMENT_STORAGE01.

Best regards,

Christoph

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Christoph

Unfortunately these BAdi doesn't work for my aim,  non of methods in these BAdi doesn't have import/ export parameters for original file name

as I said I want to make a program for rename the original file name automatically when they check-in.

Is there any other solution ?

Thanks

Habib

christoph_hopf
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Habib,

I checked the parameters of methods

• BEFORE_ASSIGN_FILE
  • AFTER_ASSIGN_FILE

of BADI DOCUMENT_FILES01 now and here the parameter DOCFILE exists where the file data should be able to be influenced.

This parameter DOCFILE also exists for methods

• BEFORE_CHECKIN
  • AFTER_CHECKIN

of BADI DOCUMENT_STORAGE01 as well.

Best regards,

Christoph

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Christoph,

Thank you for your replay.

Did you checked the value of "file name" by debugging?

I just find the description of "Short description of the original" (in Structure: DMS_REC_FILE)  but i can't find any component for "file name" and i can't rename the "file name".

In fact I activated this BAdI but there isn't any value for file name when debugging this BAdI for check-in.

Regards,

Habib