Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Currency conversion in SAP HANA.

vijay_simha3
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I have started a sample currency conversion. I have loaded required data and TCUR* tables into HANA Studio. Now my question is, while creating attribute view what are the fields need to select from the TCUR* tables for output. I have read some blogs reg this but I didn't find the solution. Please suggest me on this.

Thanks in advance.

Vijay.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vijay,

To do currency conversion we need to have tcurr, tcurc, tcurx,tcurf,tcurt,tcurv tables and we can't create currency conversion on top of attribute view as it is made to define attribute properties not for measures.

In HANA 1.0 SP5 we need to define datafoundation layer and logical join . In logical join we

need to  choose calculated column then define currency conversion.

Thanks,

Phani

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

0 Kudos

Hi,

To maintain the currency conversion options you can use the transaction OB08 and set tables tcurr, tcurc, tcurx, tcurf, tcurt and tcurv to SLT for the schema you want to use.

Best Regards,

Thiago Ourives

vivekbhoj
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Vijay,

use Analytic View - and create a measure and change the type of measure to "Amount with Currency" and then select "Enable for conversion"   or u can use  Calculation View and use functio CE_CONVERSION.

shanthi_bhaskar
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Vijay,

Currency conversion cannot be done at Attribute View. Create an Analytical view then create calculated measures and then you can do currency conversion.

http://scn.sap.com/community/hana-in-memory/blog/2012/04/27/how-to-perform-currency-conversion-in-sa...

Thanks,

SB.

vijay_simha3
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Bhaskar,

Thanks for your response.. I am aware that can be done at Analytical view only, but my question is like can we add TCUR* tables attribute view or not. if yes (even in analytical view) what are the fields needs to be added to the respected view.

Thanks,

Vijay.

vijay_simha3
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Bhaskar,

Thanks for your response..  please ignore the prvious commnent (there is a typo error) I am aware that can not be done at Analytical view only, but my question is like can we add TCUR* tables attribute view or not. if yes (even in analytical view) what are the fields needs to be added to the respected view.

Thanks,

Vijay

former_member184768
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Vijay,

You can create an attribute view on any physical table. So from that perspective there is no issue. But the point is, what do you wish to do with the tables further on. You can use the currency conversion feature provided by HANA as it comes with multiple other features apart from just factor conversion.

Please let us know what you wish to use these tables for ?

Regards,

Ravi

vijay_simha3
Explorer
0 Kudos

Thanks Ravindra for your reply....

In my scenario I am trying to convert the currecy from GBP to USD for my sample sales data. Here I am fine till creating the attribute view with my data tables. When it comes to the analytical view creation I am bit confused how to proceed with TCUR* tables usage. As I know TCUR* tables needs to be import into my schema and I did the same. My question is how I can use these tables while creating analytical view.

Please let me know how to proceed.

Vijay.

former_member184768
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Vijay,

In the earlier replies of this thread there is a link to the document by Neha on how to perform Currency Conversion.

http://scn.sap.com/community/hana-in-memory/blog/2012/04/27/how-to-perform-currency-conversion-in-sa...

You can also refer to another document http://scn.sap.com/docs/DOC-40812 which explains how to perform Dynamic currency conversion.

As you can see, the feature is already provided by HANA. You do not need to perform any conversion explicitly.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Ravi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vijay,

Follow the below steps.

1) Make sure you have measure and currency fileds in sales table (Transaction table).

or

if you are sure all you values are in GBP then create new calculated measure with 'Amount with currency' property and you can mentione fixed source curreny as 'GBP' and target currency as 'USD'

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BlIWY3BT4wM

check the above video (SAP HANA Academy).

Regards,

Venkat

Chaitanya4
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hello

Is the dynamic currency conversion supported in SP 6? It gives me an option to choose the column, but doesn't display any columns to select. Looks like on fixed is supported in SP 6? Is this correct?

Regards, Chaitanya

former_member186082
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Chaitanya,

Once we select Column as Type, all the dimension columns in the analytic view will be visible. Can you share your screen where you are stuck.

Regards,

Chandra.

Chaitanya4
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hello

Since I didn't activate the calculation view, I was not able to see the columns... Later I was able to see the columns. However the translation doesn't work. Not sure what is missing...

I have a calculated measure where EXP_REVENUE is the column having $amount... and CURRENCY is the column having the currency like USD. When I check output of the view, it just appends the target currency to the EXP_REVENUE, it doesn't do the conversion of amount.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Chaitanya,

Pls check whether all currency tables like TCUR C,F,T,V,X,R tables have been Replicated and ensure that  your view  and Tables are in the same schema.

Thanks,

Phani

AtulKumarJain
Active Contributor
0 Kudos