cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Billing Forms in English and Local Language

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Experts,

Can somebody please explain me . if a client want billing forms in Both English and Local Language , what are the required configuration in detail,

Thanks in Advance..

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member184080
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Murali,

Not much of config from our end. More work from ABAP end. the form should be available both in Eg and local language.

Are you maintaining customer language as local language or logon (While logging into SAP) as local language?

Anyway, check below thread.

http://scn.sap.com/thread/3343158

Regards, Sai Krishna.

former_member184080
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Murali,

Further to my above post, I just verified with my ABAP consultant and understand that, we have done form translation in the smart form. So, Whenever we print the form it will print in both the languages.

Please check with your developer.

Regards, Sai Krishna.

former_member182378
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Sai,

From my understanding; an output condition type, for a transmission medium (e.g. Printout) has one Smartform assigned to it.

we have done form translation in the smart form. So, Whenever we print the form it will print in both the languages.

Where is this "form translation" done?

Does that mean when ever, that particular output type with that transmission medium is used (across customers) two printouts are got in two languages.

Or is any additional logic set? and where? (in the output program?)

Can logic be written in the Smart form too?

Thank you, in advance!

Answers (6)

Answers (6)

Jelena
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

What Alan said except the form just need to be translated in SE63 transaction (assuming it's the same form). There is no ABAP required, unless the form needs an adjustment. Most common error that has to be fixed - use of sy-langu variable (logon language) instead of NAST-SPRAS (output language).

With one output type it's not feasible to trigger the form in two different languages using a standard output program.

hongminh119
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Murali,

you can done the translate and have Bilingual language in your Billing form. But please separates into two kind of information:

1- some information you get from master data (like material, customer): if your customer want to have local language and English here, ask them to fill in the master data

2- some information you get from each transaction (normally in billing form is "amount in words/ number in words"... that change in each transaction): ask your ABAPer to do this.

This will decrease in your task and increase the correct of form.

Thank you,

Hong minh.

former_member182378
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Murali,

The requirement is not (that) clear!

Who is the client, is it the company which has implemented SAP?

Does the company want to have the option of printing the billing document either in EN or in Local language?

Or should a billing document be printed twice, one time in EN language and the other time in Local language?

Please describe your business requirement with an example.

jignesh_mehta3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Murali,

I believe the requirement is form a particular Customer, who wants Invoice print-outs in both English & local language.

Now printing the forms in local languages is purely a ABAP development & your technical consultant will do the needful.

From functional side, I will suggest the following:

In the Customer Master - General data - Address tab there is Field for Language. Here you can maintain the local language in which the Customer need to Output.

Now give the following logic to your ABAPer: Every time the Invoice is printed, system will check the Language in Customer Master. If it is English, it will print only in English. If it is some other language, it wil print in both English & Local language.

Thanks,

Jignesh Mehta

former_member182378
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Jignesh,

Good post!

Thank you!

One quick question, the logic (which the Functional consultant give to the ABAPer; mentioned above by you); is to be incorporated in the Smartform program?

(or in the Output program?)

Added:

would you please reply. Thank you, in advance!

Message was edited by: T W

Former Member
0 Kudos

Jignesh Still we can maintain  while creating account groups..

thax a lot for your inputs

Former Member
0 Kudos

You should have 2 output types for 2 languages. If you use 1, user will have to change the language manually. In VV31, you should set the respective language for each output type. Both output type runs the same program and forms. Your abaper should check what is the language set in the invoice for that ouput type, then gives the form in different language.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

i suppose you can create the form in en/de and then you copy&translate it in the target lang

Let me know if you need more infos

a