cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EHP6 - can someone settle this argument?

Former Member
0 Kudos

We are currently on ECC 6.0 with no enhancement packages installed. We would like to get to EHP6. Person A says that they heard we would have to go to EHP3 first on the iSeries and then to EHP6. Person B says, "no way, that defeats the purpose of cumulative EHPs." Who is right? Can we, in fact, go from no enhancement packages all the way up to EHP6 on the iSeries at one time? Thanks - Rick

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

0 Kudos

Hi Rick,

attached to Note 1732061 - Central Note - Software Update Manager 1.0 SP07 [lmt_008] you find a PDF named SUM_SP07_paths.pdf. Look up slide three SUM SP07 usage for SAP ERP 6.0 to see that ERP 6.0 -> ERP 6.0 EHP6 is supported.

Hope that helps,

Thomas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Thomas - unfortunately, that slide is what created the confusion in the first place. If you look at the bottom of the slide where it says "Bottom line versions are only relevant for ABAP stack", it appears that the bottom line for EHP 6 is EHP 3. (far right side of slide) It also appears that SUM cannot be used for EHP1 and EHP 2, but I think it MUST be used for subsequent EHP's. But then on the left side, it appears that the dark blue arrow (path to recommended version) goes straight to EHP 6. Sorry, but the confusion still reigns.

0 Kudos

Hi Rick,

Now I understand your problem. What you need to have in mind is that the term EHP is being used for SAP NetWeaver being the basis for products such as ERP and for the products themselves.

This leads to the fact that ERP 6.0 EHP 6 is based on SAP NetWeaver 7.0 EHP3. As you could blow up this SAP NetWeaver information by differentiating with the possible Java stacks, the slide only provides the ABAP side of the picture. And that is all the comment regarding the bottom line wants to express.

In sum, you certainly can get to EHP6 from ERP 6.0 without any EHP in it.

Regards,

Thomas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks - So an ABAP only system can go straight to EHP6? Can we use SUM to get there?

0 Kudos

You have to.

Regards,

Thomas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks - off to Maintenance Optimizer!

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey Rick,

Based on the PAM I know you can go from EHP1 to EHP6 one step. So that being said I don't see why not from ECC6 to ECC6-EHP6.

http://service.sap.com/PAM

Click on EHP6 FOR SAP ERP 6.0

Click General Information tab

Click Related Product Versions

You could also check using MOPz. If they offer EHP6 for your environment I would be tempted to say that a direct upgrade is possible.

But to be honest I am tempted to agree with person B. But that's just an educated guess, and may not reflect realty.

Keep us informed of your finding, and best of luck in your upcoming upgrade!

Yannick C.