Did you mean: 

Sales order - Item Doc Currency different from Header

former_member524427
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

Issue:

a. Customer has currency USD in CM

b. In the sales order VA01, the Header Document currency is correctly copied as USD.

c. When the user tries to change it to the 'local' currency  INR in the Header (VBAK-WAERK), few items (VBAP-WAERK) are getting changed as 'INR' but few items 'still remain' as USD (even after the header doc currency is changed to INR).

We have found a workaround with changing of the header doc currency in VA02 & saving the sales order again. This makes the all the 'items' consistent with the header level doc currency.

But, the business wants to 'fix' this issue as why the 'item level doc currency (VBAP-WAERK)' is different from the 'header level doc currency' (VBAK-WAERK), while sales order creation.

Thanks for your help.

Best Rgds

Narain

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos
former_member184080
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Narain,

Check below:

Note 334094 - Item currency differs from header currency

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_40b/helpdata/pt/34/e841da3f7219a2e10000009b38f9b8/content.htm

Regards, Sai Krishna.

former_member184065
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear,

When the user tries to change it to the 'local' currency  INR in the Header (VBAK-WAERK), few items (VBAP-WAERK) are getting changed as 'INR' but few items 'still remain' as USD (even after the header doc currency is changed to INR).

I am pretty much sure ,When you change the Document Currency in Header Level for One Line Item ( If you had more than one Line Item ) then the Currency will be copied into all Line Items automatically ( If you change any Field in Header then this Fields are present in Item Level also then It will be also changed automatically ) .

I have tested this. In my Testing ,system is copying all Line Items when I change the document currency in Header Level . One more thing is ,you can not change the Currency in Item Level even If it is Editable Mode why because when a movement you change the currency in Item Level immediately system will change into Document Currency as same as Header Level Currency .I have tested this also .

The business wants to 'fix' this issue as why the 'item level doc currency (VBAP-WAERK)' is different from the 'header level doc currency' (VBAK-WAERK), while sales order creation.

Not sure ,how system is treating you but Currency First Preference is Customer Master Record ( Sold To Party ) after Company Code Currency ( when you dont maintain Customer Master Currency then system will take Company Code currency automatically ).

Note :If possible share some screen shots relevant this .

Thanks,

Naren

venkateswaran_k
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

Can you please give the steps to duplicate.

ie.

When are you changing the header currency...

1. after entering how many item lines....

2. How many lines got updated out of how many entered..

did you change the tab and refresh the item window?

Regards,

Venkat