cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WM Partial Quantities - Putaway Strategy?

0 Kudos

We are currently set up to use the FIFO putaway strategy, but are investigating the possibility of switching to the Partial Quantities First strategy.  I have 2 questions I hope the experts can answer for me.

One requirement for the PQF strategy is to set up default storage unit configurations in the material master.  Is this a requirement for ALL materials in the storage type or can we supply a default only for the materials where it makes sense.   Note that we frequently get material differently where we might get 2 boxes in this week and a full pallet of 14 next week - setting a default is questionable.

When using the PQF strategy, does the system consider FIFO as the "secondary" factor in determining the next source bin?  In other words, if there are 10 full pallets in stock and the order calls for 5 full pallets, does WM select the 5 oldest, full pallets first?

Thanks for any help you can give.

Bryan

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

JuergenPitz
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi,

"When using the PQF strategy, does the system consider FIFO as the "secondary" factor in determining the next source bin?  In other words, if there are 10 full pallets in stock and the order calls for 5 full pallets, does WM select the 5 oldest, full pallets first?"

Yes, it does.

The second question I can not find. Or is it the one that setting a default is questionable?

Brgds

Juergen

0 Kudos

Yes the second question is in regard to setting the default palletization.

One requirement for the PQF strategy is to set up default storage unit configurations in the material master.  Is this a requirement for ALL materials in the storage type or can we supply a default only for the materials where it makes sense.  

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

0 Kudos

Hi Bryan,

Have you got your answer or you still are looking for a solution?

You can achieve what you are looking for but you need to redesign your ware house storage types and strategies .i.e you will need to design a pick face for partial quantities and a high rack for full pallets.

Let me know if you need a more detailed explanation .

regards,

Samir

0 Kudos

Jurgen L - yes, you are correct - Partial quantity PICKING strategy.  

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

There is no partial quantity putaway strategy in SAP, partial quantity is a picking strategy.

if you use partial quantity strategy for picking, then SAP will first propose the partials (regardless from when it is) , and then continue with the full pallets according to FIFO principle

see SAP Library - Warehouse Management System (WMS).