cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to create this report with images shown in the SAP Bo mobile guide?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi gurus.  Can you access the sap bo guide http://help.sap.com/businessobject/product_guides/boexir4/en/420_mobiOS_admin_en.pdf?

on page 67 I see they have the countries names with their flags.  How did they do that? where can i download this sample from?  How do they change the images according to the country if it says in the following page :

When designing a Web Intelligence report, the embedded image for a blank cell or table cell can

only be browsed and uploaded from a file location. Images from a source URL are not supported

by the mobile client applications

I mean, if those images are fixed from a file location how did they indicate in the cell, ok you are going to show the flag from Brazil and you the flag from Japan.  If I try to set in a cell an image from a country the image gets repeated in each row. Try that and you'll see. So it really puzzles me how did they do that. help!  where can i download this sample from to see how is it working?

http://help.sap.com/businessobject/product_guides/boexir4/en/420_mobiOS_admin_en.pdf

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Erika,

I am able to achieve this in BO report (displaying different images for different countries), but the images are not visible in mobile bi app. It displays the URL..

I have already set the property to read the content as 'Image URL' in BO report.

Are you able to achieve this?

Regards,

Shantanu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Erika,

Try assigning the report to both categories at the same time:  mobile and mobileDesigned

Give it a try and let us know.

Best regards,

Victor

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Erika,

As far as I know, you can do this by adding new empty column on left of the country and enabling each cell of the column with below syntax and embedding the image of the country flag using below process.Let me know if this helped.

In order to enable webi report cells to mobile access, you have to associate the cell with any of the existing blocks of the same report using the syntax as below

<a href="laction://cell?attachedto='[blocknum]'&valign='[alignvar]'&halign='[alignvar1]'"><text></a>

You can specify the block name with which you want to associate the cell for the attachedto parameter, valign as top or bottom, haling as left, right or center and enter any text you want to display in blank cell as <text>.

If you want the independent cell as above or Table cells in a column to show images on mobile, please follow the same process as mentioned above for the blank cell and assign the BI platform image URL or image from file on Cell ‘Appearance’ Properties.

Note: Image formats supported on web intelligence such as JPEG, PNG etc. are supported on mobile as well and image height cannot exceed 28 pixels to see the image properly without truncation as the table row maximum height on mobile devices is 28 pixels.

Give country names, country image column and revenue and also show hyperlink on some cell to go to website.

Image from URL

boimg://MyCorpImage.png

Note: Key word ‘boimg’ refers to BI platform server location C:\Program Files (x86)\SAP BusinessObjects\SAP BusinessObjects Enterprise XI 4.0\images

Thanks

Mallik

Former Member
0 Kudos

But if I set this:

boimg://MyCorpImage.png

in the cell properties

how do avoid the image to be the same in each row? Remember that in a table if you set a property to a cell this property replicates in the other rows.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Erika,

You can get this image URL's for each country as the data coming from the universe object/DB column or from excel spreadsheet etc and then you set "Read cell content as" Image URL in the General properties of the table cell.

Thanks

Mallik

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Erika,

Were you able to achieve this?

Thanks

Mallik

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mallikarjuna,

Can you please ellaborate the steps in detail for "You can get this image URL's for each country as the data coming from the universe object/DB column or from excel spreadsheet etc" that you mentioned above? Particularly from "Excel Spreadsheet". Also what steps we need to do at the Universe level to achieve it?

Regards

Ram